Dang smoking that's pretty darn close to what I'm going for OG/FG wise.
Well after looking around the forums I found this: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/cuve...roject-142449/
...and it gave me some ideas for souring techniques - namely using Oenococcus perhaps in the barrel if the sourness doesn't get quite to where I want it, or trying to isolate some alcohol tolerant souring agents found in CdT and some other high gravity sour beers.
I also shot Al B some messages asking him about bugs and what not... He mentions that lacto strains will dissipate in population over time in the barrel, but pedio is fairly alcohol tolerant and will be just fine - apparently it produces a slime like substance that helps protect it in straining environments.
Right now I'm thinking of a sacc/lacto primary (aim for that fermentation ending in the 1.020-1.030's) and then putting it into a barrel that's inoculated with various brett strains and some pedio. If after a year or so the sourness isn't quite where I want it I would consider adding Oenococcus in with the newest batch, or try sour mashing 24 hours before the brew day. The good thing about this project is that it's a long term thing and it's tweakable.
And I just realized I've been calling it a Toyota car - It's Solera...