Portland - out of towner wants to kmow which Rogue offerings to try - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Portland - out of towner wants to kmow which Rogue offerings to try

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
Hanso
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Madison, WI
Posts: 280
Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts



Just touched down in portland in business. Have the evening, planning on going to Rogue and want to know some recommendations. Thanks!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #2
troyh
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Jul 2012
Posts: 168
Liked 29 Times on 21 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanso
Just touched down in portland in business. Have the evening, planning on going to Rogue and want to know some recommendations. Thanks!
One of the few Rogue beers I like is Ménage a Frog. But go to Bailey's Taproom instead, best beer bar in Portland. :-)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:19 PM   #3
b-boy
16%er
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
b-boy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2011
The Frozen Tundra, NY
Posts: 4,311
Liked 1207 Times on 788 Posts


I like their Brutal Bitter...I love the PacMan yeast.
__________________
Never underestimate the potential of someone who refuses to act their age.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:44 PM   #4
ilv4xn
Recipes 
 
Jun 2012
portland, Oregon
Posts: 90
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts


All of them!
If you have not had it Dead guy is a must.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:54 PM   #5
Denny
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Jun 2005
Eugene, OR
Posts: 4,700
Liked 624 Times on 447 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by b-boy View Post
I like their Brutal Bitter...I love the PacMan yeast.
FWIW, they call it Brutal IPA now.
__________________
Life begins at 60....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

http://www.experimentalbrew.com - "Homebrew All Stars" now shipping!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:55 PM   #6
Hanso
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Madison, WI
Posts: 280
Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts


Ok yea I figured dead guy I've only read about so it makes sense to have the flagship as a starting point. thanks also for the Bailey's tap room tip.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:56 PM   #7
mburnett274
Recipes 
 
Nov 2009
Walla Walla, WA
Posts: 93
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts


+1 on Bailey's tap house. Tons of good choices and knowledgeable staff

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:10 AM   #8
boxofjibboo
Recipes 
 
Feb 2012
San Diego, Ca
Posts: 341
Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts


Horse Brass is a sweet beer bar too

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:10 AM   #9
roymullins
Recipes 
 
Oct 2011
Lester, WA
Posts: 128
Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts


leave town immediately... head north to Vancouver or south until you have removed yourself from the vile and fetid environs of scumcity... if you stay you run the risk of being insulted, pickpocketed, held up, molested or otherwise being detained by some slimy individual for no apparent reason... I am sorry that you have been forced to spend any time at all in portscum but since I assume that business makes you do so... you should spend the money to quickly get out! Portland is the armpit, or some other orifice, of the Northwest... an embarrassment to all who live in the region which is otherwise a paradise of a place... hopefully you get a chance to visit Seattle, Spokane, Eugene, Mt. Rainier, Crater Lake, the Washington vinyards, Bend, Olympic Nat'l Park, the coast of both WA and OR... and hopefully you don't judge the entire Pacific NW based on you visit to the craphole of Portland, OR... it is really a cool area- despite what Portland represents...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:16 AM   #10
pdxal
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Jul 2010
Portland, OR
Posts: 1,564
Liked 165 Times on 151 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by roymullins View Post
leave town immediately... head north to Vancouver or south until you have removed yourself from the vile and fetid environs of scumcity... if you stay you run the risk of being insulted, pickpocketed, held up, molested or otherwise being detained by some slimy individual for no apparent reason... I am sorry that you have been forced to spend any time at all in portscum but since I assume that business makes you do so... you should spend the money to quickly get out! Portland is the armpit, or some other orifice, of the Northwest... an embarrassment to all who live in the region which is otherwise a paradise of a place... hopefully you get a chance to visit Seattle, Spokane, Eugene, Mt. Rainier, Crater Lake, the Washington vinyards, Bend, Olympic Nat'l Park, the coast of both WA and OR... and hopefully you don't judge the entire Pacific NW based on you visit to the craphole of Portland, OR... it is really a cool area- despite what Portland represents...
???

 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brewing at Rogue Denny General Beer Discussion 22 05-11-2012 12:05 AM
Portland, OR JughedJones General Beer Discussion 23 07-21-2011 09:36 PM
At what point did you go rogue? jwic General Beer Discussion 17 03-10-2011 01:59 PM
Where to go in Portland jacksonbrown General Beer Discussion 11 10-10-2009 04:47 PM
Rogue Hop Heaven dpt222 General Beer Discussion 4 02-13-2008 03:56 AM


Forum Jump