Well it's been a ride for sure since the first batch. I made a American amber ale extract "no spec grains". Bought the kit from my LHBS. New to brewing and before I knew of the forum I brewed it per instructions. Used Wyeast northwest ale.
The whole brew day and fermintation went really well. I knew going in that a fermintation chamber "freezer with temp control" was a must. The kit called for 7-14 days in the primary and then bottle. I went the full 14 days and checked the FG until stable. I drank the hydro tubes and it tasted great !
Bottled using 22oz bottles. 24 22oz and one 12oz. Used 4.5oz of priming sugar according to a online calculator. They have been conditioning for a week. Last night I put the 12oz tester in the fridge.
Just opened the test bottle. Nice hiss when opening it. Filled the glass to see I nice "but small" head with remarkable lace. Smell was off the chain and the taste was amazing. For my first home brew and being a bit rushed. It was really good ! The tast was as good if not better than anything I've bought in the store out side of craft beers. Guys it came out amazing. I can't imagine it gets better !