Dual Spires Black Lodge Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok i re brewed this 5 days ago but i did one thing different i went with rice syrup solids instead of brown rice syrup. my OG was 1.070?? not sure why it came so high maybe i added to much dextrose and didnt realize it. also i just checked on it and its sitting at 1.030 and no krausen!! should i worry? pitch more yeast? i did one packet of safale 05

If its any consolation, the last batch I did had a weird reading of 1.1! Additionally, it had no krausen whatsoever and turned out quite tasty if not a little sorghum twangy

I just brewed this recipe last sunday.this is my second brew solo. Cant wait to taste some. Thanks again everyone for so much help and info

Brewed this recipe twice and already looking forward to doing it again. Such an awesome beer. If you brew this don't change anything! It's perfect as it is.

Brewed this recipe twice and already looking forward to doing it again. Such an awesome beer. If you brew this don't change anything! It's perfect as it is.

i cant wait till my second batch is ready... although i did change one thing i used rice solids instead of brown rice syrup. im hoping for no big change in flavor from this

Bam!! Here is a pic from my second go around off this batch. And it tastes great! I think the rice solids made the body heavy? More like a porter?.. Still a great recipe!

ForumRunner_20130520_221247.png

Just had one alittle early. I bottled 10 days ago. Still flat but man did it taste awesome. I followed original recipe. It's a little thin for such a dark beer. Kind of fools you visually. Looking forward to a carbonated one.

Tried it and it is fermenting as I type. It looked and smelled good! I can hardly wait to try it (too bad it is going to be too late for Fathers day!). 2 weeks primary and a week secondary- then bottling sounds good. Thanks for the recipe! Now I have 3 lbs of sorghum left- thinking about what to try next.

Cracked my first one open the other day. Looks great, smells great, tastes pretty damn good, but has no head. I think i'll wait another couple of weeks and hopefully it carbonates better. Belgian Candy and Molasses definitely darkened it.

Rebrewed this beer for the first time in a while. Still sensational. Couldn't get the rice syrup solids so just used all sorghum. So bloody good.

Thanks again for this recipe.

Back