help!!! - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > help!!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
Bigapinnc
Recipes 
 
Oct 2011
pearland, TX
Posts: 111



I kegged last week. Set the co2 and left it in the fridge for a week. Was I out of town and didn't know I had a leak on the top of my out spicket I guess . Do you think it is ruined? Also can I just replace it with out it being ruined?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
Dan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Dan's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii
Posts: 7,053
Liked 2177 Times on 1363 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigapinnc View Post
I kegged last week. Set the co2 and left it in the fridge for a week. Was I out of town and didn't know I had a leak on the top of my out spicket I guess . Do you think it is ruined? Also can I just replace it with out it being ruined?
It's a little difficult to answer your question. Is the spicket you are referring to the beer out post on the keg? And when you ask if "it" is ruined are your referring to the beer or the beer out post?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #3
edmanster
Whats Under Your Kilt
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
edmanster's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Taylorsville, Utah
Posts: 1,726
Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts


as long as you got sum co2 in there you should be fine.. i have a spray bottle starsan and spray it on all my connections when I hook up to check leaks everytime
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadarnell
'how will i explain this to my kids' ... if i have to ask that, then i think my kids are in trouble ... just my 2 cents ... HAVE A BEER !!!
Father of 4 girls

Suffers from Zymocenosilicaphobia

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #4
FirstStateBrewer
Recipes 
 
May 2011
Middletown, DE
Posts: 329
Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
It's a little difficult to answer your question. Is the spicket you are referring to the beer out post on the keg? And when you ask if "it" is ruined are your referring to the beer or the beer out post?
If the beer out post was leaking, wouldn't the beer be in a big puddle at the bottom of the refrigerator?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #5
Dan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Dan's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii
Posts: 7,053
Liked 2177 Times on 1363 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstStateBrewer View Post
If the beer out post was leaking, wouldn't the beer be in a big puddle at the bottom of the refrigerator?
That's what I'm thinking but really don't understand what he is referring to.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #6
FirstStateBrewer
Recipes 
 
May 2011
Middletown, DE
Posts: 329
Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
That's what I'm thinking but really don't understand what he is referring to.
Any beer left in the keg would be fine. I wouldn't drink any at the bottom of the fridge, though.

Dan Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #7
edmanster
Whats Under Your Kilt
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
edmanster's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Taylorsville, Utah
Posts: 1,726
Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstStateBrewer

If the beer out post was leaking, wouldn't the beer be in a big puddle at the bottom of the refrigerator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan

That's what I'm thinking but really don't understand what he is referring to.
damn, missed that part
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadarnell
'how will i explain this to my kids' ... if i have to ask that, then i think my kids are in trouble ... just my 2 cents ... HAVE A BEER !!!
Father of 4 girls

Suffers from Zymocenosilicaphobia

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #8
Bigapinnc
Recipes 
 
Oct 2011
pearland, TX
Posts: 111


Well didn't I start a stir. I meant to say in. It was leaking out the in disconnect

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:22 AM   #9
Dan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Dan's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii
Posts: 7,053
Liked 2177 Times on 1363 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigapinnc View Post
Well didn't I start a stir. I meant to say in. It was leaking out the in disconnect
Haha.

Did you figure out what the problem was?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:07 AM   #10
Bigapinnc
Recipes 
 
Oct 2011
pearland, TX
Posts: 111


Ha ok it is the "in" post where the grey disconnect attaches. It is leaking out the top. I went ahead and replaced the post. My big fear was the beer becoming oxygenated over the past week with a leak

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools



Forum Jump