Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Tennessee beer historically?

Old 08-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
Blueflint
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default Tennessee beer historically?

My grandfather grew up in northern Tennessee and was making beer before Prohibition. I have always wondered what style he made so I did a little Google search. I really didn't come up with much but the Tennessee Brewery made a beer in the 1890's that was named "Tennessee Pale". Does anyone know what style this would have been? They also made a beer called "Pearl of Memphis". I would be interested in any information on these two beers and any information on beer made around 1900 by the local home brewers in Tennessee.

Thanks, Tony

Old 08-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2843 Times on 1687 Posts
Likes Given: 3502

I have a very extensive Beer History Links Thread, that covers a lot of ground. Some of those links open to other link sites. You can start there, and do some digging.

Best of luck.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 08-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #3
MisterTipsy
Recipes 

Liked 224 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflint View Post
I really didn't come up with much but the Tennessee Brewery made a beer in the 1890's that was named "Tennessee Pale". Does anyone know what style this would have been?

Thanks, Tony
Pilsener

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Brewery