Better Bottle Crate - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Better Bottle Crate

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #11
adamulm
Recipes 
 
Jul 2012
Spring Valley, CA
Posts: 19
Liked 11 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by ButcherBoy View Post
What kind of joinery did you use on the corner posts? Looks a little like a box joint, but it may just be the lighting.
You're right the corner posts are box jointed

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #12
mattyb85
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Wakefield, Ma
Posts: 272
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts


How much to order a couple of these?! They are so clean! Maybe one for 12oz & one for 22oz?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:47 PM   #13
rekoob
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
rekoob's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Norfolk, VA
Posts: 1,421
Liked 107 Times on 82 Posts


looking good... i have plenty of bottles that I could use these for.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:53 PM   #14
carguy3507
Recipes 
 
Jun 2012
Posts: 7


Wow I missed the box joints when I first looked at this (on my phone). This is beautiful can you post some more pics?
I'd like to see how you did the dividers.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:18 PM   #15
adamulm
Recipes 
 
Jul 2012
Spring Valley, CA
Posts: 19
Liked 11 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy3507 View Post
Wow I missed the box joints when I first looked at this (on my phone). This is beautiful can you post some more pics?
I'd like to see how you did the dividers.
Thanks, this is some really great feedback. I'm actually finishing up three more. Once I get those done I'll take some more pictures, that way you will be able to see them stacking, and I'll try to get a good one of the inside of the crate.

I just tried writing a description of what I did to make the dividers, but it didn't make sense, I guess it's hard to explain. I'll figure something out to show or explain it.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #16
adamulm
Recipes 
 
Jul 2012
Spring Valley, CA
Posts: 19
Liked 11 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyb85 View Post
How much to order a couple of these?! They are so clean! Maybe one for 12oz & one for 22oz?
Thanks for the interest! I'm trying to figure out what I could sell them for. Just like with anything else nice, they take a while to make, so I'm trying to find some ways to make them more efficiently and find a decent price. There seems to be plenty of interest, so once I figure it out I'll be sure to post it up here with a link to wherever I'm selling them.

I think I'm going to experiment with one for 22's. I could just make them taller, and I've already made them so the dividers can come out (not necessarily easily though). If I made them taller so 22's could fit it might be a little awkward.

What do think about that? Should I make the same one to fit 22's, or make one just for 22's?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #17
mattyb85
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Wakefield, Ma
Posts: 272
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by adamulm

Thanks for the interest! I'm trying to figure out what I could sell them for. Just like with anything else nice, they take a while to make, so I'm trying to find some ways to make them more efficiently and find a decent price. There seems to be plenty of interest, so once I figure it out I'll be sure to post it up here with a link to wherever I'm selling them.

I think I'm going to experiment with one for 22's. I could just make them taller, and I've already made them so the dividers can come out (not necessarily easily though). If I made them taller so 22's could fit it might be a little awkward.

What do think about that? Should I make the same one to fit 22's, or make one just for 22's?
I would say make a separate ones. I don't think the L/W dimensions equal out in any way between a case of (24) 12oz bottles and (12) 22oz bottles

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #18
Brek81
Recipes 
 
Sep 2010
Indianola,IA, Iowa
Posts: 184
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


do you mind if i draw it up in Sketchup to share? Lots of good ideas in this design

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:03 PM   #19
stevehomey13
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
stevehomey13's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 32


Those are very nice. What kind of wood did you use?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #20
adamulm
Recipes 
 
Jul 2012
Spring Valley, CA
Posts: 19
Liked 11 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyb85 View Post
I would say make a separate ones. I don't think the L/W dimensions equal out in any way between a case of (24) 12oz bottles and (12) 22oz bottles
Thanks man, I think I'll do that, and of course I'll post it up when I do.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY Wooden Beer Bottle Crate Jeepninja DIY Projects 36 03-17-2014 09:23 PM
DIY Beer Crate [24 - Sierra Nevada Bottles] Sketchup Plans Neilyboy DIY Projects 16 12-10-2013 03:13 AM
How to make a wooden beer crate strongarm DIY Projects 9 03-06-2013 02:07 PM
Burned Bottle Crate CAustin919 DIY Projects 10 02-27-2012 03:37 AM
Wooden Bottle Crate for 22oz Bottles mobilecabinworks DIY Projects 31 01-23-2012 04:22 AM


Forum Jump