Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > CO2 refill West Houston, TX?

Old 08-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
dillypo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 9

Default CO2 refill West Houston, TX?

I'm going to venture into the land of kegging tomorrow but I need some CO2!

I've tried searching around but everything people suggested is either closed now or on the otherside of the city.

There is a few welding supply shops around, but I've read some horror stories about getting bad gas not fit for beverages... I'll use one if someone can confirm that a place has good CO2 but I don't want to go in blind.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Edit
Editing so as not to bump, but recording in case someone searches and finds this post...

Found a place right near me, Katy Butane/Katy Propane (not sure which one their name is, they use both) is on SH 90 just off of I-10.

They do refill CO2 tanks, they just want you to stick it in the freezer for about an hour before you bring it out there to chill it.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
DisturbdChemist
I'm drunk 60% of the time all the time.
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 22 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2267 Times on 1564 Posts
Likes Given: 1642

Same with most place you go to because they can put more CO2 into the tank. Defalcos is probably not too far from you on 610. Maybe a paintball shop can do it for you too. I just a kegging set up too and havent filled the CO2 yet. i'm waiting to put my kegerator together and have a batch ready before hand. You can always ask the grade of CO2 from the place you fill it up. It should say it on the tanks. Good luck find a place. I need to find one so I can get some hook ups

Twitter: @dcp006 - Ambidextrous Drinker
Untappd: BiggTexx

Old 08-04-2012, 01:23 AM   #3
dillypo
Recipes 

Likes Given: 9

I'm actually closer to the one in Katy than Defalcos. I also read (DISCLAIMER: I didn't call to verify) that Defalcos keeps your tank overnight, which wouldn't work for me.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
DonTX
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Another place that may be useful to some is the Beverage Barn on Richmond. Its the drive through liquor store, but they also fill CO2. http://www.bbliquor.com/

Also, Texas Homebrewers at Fry Rd will be filling, but they need to get their regulator fixed, so it may be another week or 2, according to an email I got from them last week. http://www.texashomebrewers.com/

I am currently trying to find a place on the NW side (BW/290), so if anybody knows of anything up that way, I'd appreciate the info.