Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Lots of recipes, but which one!

Old 07-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
Zippox
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default Lots of recipes, but which one!

In a couple of months I will be starting a batch of cider. I have looked through all of the cider recipes here and many of them look tasty. Being from Minnesota myself, I am partial to Crispin's 'Blue Line' ciders. SWMBO is trying to have her say in on this batch and so I am trying to find a nice tart/sweet carbonated recipe that might come relatively close to something like that.

Does anyone have a suggestion for one of the many recipes here to make that might suit that style?

Mott's is easily available in my area and I am not looking to go through the troubles of driving to an orchard for some expensive (though good) cider. Perhaps that could help narrow things down a tad!

Old 07-31-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
flyweed
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

bein' from Minnesota, in about a month you'll have your CHOICE of fresh apples, you could get fresh pressed juice and you'd be MUCH better off than using Motts and or any other store brand juice. I do use Tree Top brand bottled AJ when I decide to make a cider not "in season" but that's very seldom..I try and stock up on fresh pressed during September.

Good luck

On Tap: Blackberry Blonde Ale
On Tap: Apple/Cherry Hard Cider

Old 08-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
Zippox
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Lots of the local orchards apparently either have broken equipment and/or aren't making cider this year because apparently lots of the trees died. I think I might give the Southern Sweet Cider recipe a shot here pretty soon and see how things go!

Old 08-04-2012, 03:06 AM   #4
FuzzeWuzze
DIY King
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 278 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 31

I decided to make edworts apelwein, you can see it in the wine forum as a sticky. I figure any thread that had over 1000 pages of replies since 2006 and over 29k gallons made can't be bad