Brewed a Belgian Pale Ale on July 19. My own recipe
Had airlock activity within six hours.
Left town for a few days on July 23. When I came home on July 26 (a week from brewday), it had been bubbling into the airlock and spilled a bit on top of the lid. I cleaned that up (did not open the fermenter) and cleaned the airlock and replaced.
Today (July 29, 10 days since brewday) I went to go check gravity and
This wasn't a high gravity beer and I somewhat expected it to be close to FG today when I went to check. Instead, there was so much krausen on top and I didn't even try to take a reading.
I'm thinking I just need to give it more time (no problem). Was just surprised to see so much on top.