Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > How did you mount your control panel?

Old 07-28-2012, 03:02 AM   #1
Huaco
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 124 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default How did you mount your control panel?

I am looking at options for mounting my control panel. I don't have much real estate on the wall where my brewery will be living. I am thinking of having some type of structure added to my brew stand to mount the panel to. I have the 20x16 Kal-Clone panel that I built from a kit purchased from Spike Innovations.
Show pix of your CP mount.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:13 AM   #2
TheFlyingBeer
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I mounted mine to a Monoprice.com LCD TV mount that swivels on an arm.

Here is a picture:

You can see more details in my build thread: post3562704

Primaries: Air
Secondaries: Lakefront India Brown Ale

On Tap 1: Rootbeer, On Tap 2: NB White ouse Honey Ale, On Tap 3: Nitrogen, On Tap 4: Air, On Tap 5: Air
On Deck: DIPA, Imp Stout, Porter, Wheat, Black IPA

"No sense having empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space. " - Me

Old 07-28-2012, 03:22 AM   #3
Huaco
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I am guessing this has to be mounted or at least accommodated for PRIOR to mounting the back plate to the box? My CP is completely finished. I can't take that all apart to mount something like this. However, I do like the idea of using the TV mount. If I could find one that would work to the stock mounting tabs, I could attach a 4x4 stained and sealed wood post to the side of the brewstand and attach the arm to the post.

Thanks...

Old 07-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #4
stlbeer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 92

I used a couple of lengths of bed rail angle iron strapped to one of the main uprights on my rig. Then used the mounting lugs on the CP to mount on the rail.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:56 AM   #5
wubears71
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huaco View Post
I am guessing this has to be mounted or at least accommodated for PRIOR to mounting the back plate to the box? My CP is completely finished. I can't take that all apart to mount something like this. However, I do like the idea of using the TV mount. If I could find one that would work to the stock mounting tabs, I could attach a 4x4 stained and sealed wood post to the side of the brewstand and attach the arm to the post.

Thanks...
You should be able to tap the cp from the back. My LCD in the garage is held in place by 4 M6 1.25 threaded hex nuts.

Old 07-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #6
Huaco
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wubears71 View Post
You should be able to tap the cp from the back. My LCD in the garage is held in place by 4 M6 1.25 threaded hex nuts.
I will see what options I can find with TV mounts. I don't trust drilled and tapped sheet metal to hold a 50 pound control panel. However, I may be able to make a plywood plate that it mounts to and then use tee nuts to secure the TV mount to the wood plate...

Still thinking...

Old 07-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #7
kosmokramer
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
I will see what options I can find with TV mounts. I don't trust drilled and tapped sheet metal to hold a 50 pound control panel. However, I may be able to make a plywood plate that it mounts to and then use tee nuts to secure the TV mount to the wood plate...

Still thinking...
I picked up my tv mount from walmart online. They have a bunch in the 20-30 dollar range

Old 07-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #8
iijakii
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 264 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 340

Quote:
My CP is completely finished. I can't take that all apart to mount something like this.
Heh.

See that? I installed the mount plate the wrong damn way on mine. Finished the control panel and then had to disconnect all of the wires from the terminal blocks so I could lift the backplate up on one side to get to the nuts and redo it. Took two or so hours, man I was pissed.
People Like This 
Old 07-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #9
Electro4
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

I found this in another build post and used it to mount my Kal clone control panel. Rock solid with 3 lag bolts into a stud. I was nervous about the weight but no sag even at full extension with my 20x16x8 panel and a very large heat sink.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o02_s00_i00

Old 07-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #10
EarthBound
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 88

My control panel is mounted on a very beefy modified monitor stand, attached to the brewstand. If I could mount it again knowing what I know now, I would mount it to the wall.