Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Party=Bmc drinkers=drinking my craft beer?

Old 07-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #11
Xpertskir
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 437 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 23

I stopped playing this game all together. I take only good beer I can have on my person...usually a bomber maybe 2(ill keep one in the fridge until Im ready). Most people are too afraid of the beer or social etiquitte to drink a large format bottle. I will also bring a 6 pack or so of BMC so as not to be a rude guest(maybe I have one or two, maybe I dont) I generally do not mind sharing good beer with friends who are not in the know, but I will typically share tastes.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #12
OldWorld
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Just bring some Shock Top or Blue Moon...both lame but good enough for coors swillers.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:50 PM   #13
hotspurdotus
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Here's your solution: buy the cheapest case of beer you can find. Leave it in your car; when folks try to bum your craft beer give them one of those instead.

Problem solved.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #14
terrapinj
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 167 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 533

bring your own cooler - people are less likely to go digging in there then just grab a beer that looks good out of the fridge

Old 07-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #15
Silentnoiz
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I try not to come across as a beer snob. If I'm ever accused of being a beer snob, I just tell them that I prefer flavor.

I guess I'm fortunate enough that most of my friends enjoy what I consider to be good craft beer. But I typically only bring stuff that is easily available, nothing rare or aged, unless the others reciprocate. I've turned a few friends on to better beer over the years, and that has benefited me in the long run.

I cellar, and my wife knows to not take anything out of the cellar, or let anyone else take anything out of the cellar. When I have people coming over, its best if I have some homebrew, but if I'm out, I'll make sure to have decent craft beer on hand.