So after lingering for some time in this area of the forums, I finally took the plunge in putting together some electric brewing components.
I figured an electric brew pot that would actually work w/o modification of my current power supply would be a good first step. I was turned on to the electric brew pot kit from Tom at KegKits.com. Kit seemed reasonably priced & Tom has set up a nice set of pictures that were crazy-helpful.
Got the pot, got the kit. Bought a set of die-punches from Harbor Freight. Started on the project.
Everything went quite well, except using the die-punch set from Harbor Freight. I was trying to save some money since a decent set of die-punches runs $60-$90. This was a mistake. The Harbor Freight die-punches were just junk. The smaller one (1/2") broke part-way through the punch-process. I ended up getting a better set & things went much smoother.
Bottom line, KegKits product was great. I received great support from Tom. I expect to be doing a BIAB electric batch in the next couple week. Indoors. Wonderful for this time of year (We live on the face of the sun).
Thanks to all in this forum for some great posts.