Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Recovering a Fermenter after infection.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:33 PM   #21
DPBISME
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 84

If you use a bucket for a sour beer you never can really use it for anything else...

Glass is a different story... it cann be cleaned... I would fill it with cold water, put in some oxyclean and forget about it...

When you revisit it you will reinse it with hot tap water, fill it Starsan and forget about it for a few days... cover it, (no light) seal it... and you can use the StarSan for something else if you want...

Old 08-08-2012, 12:30 AM   #22
pabloj13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 91 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 109

You know the other thing I was thinking is if you suspect your CFC, you could make up a small batch of starter wort and run it through your CFC into a sterile jar or flask and see if it grows the same funk. That's where I'm putting my money.

Kegged Two Hearted, Dragonmead Final Absolution
Bottled Robust porter, Founder's Breakfast Stout, Ommegawd Hellepin, Ed Wort's Apfelwein
RIP Snake Dog IPA, Biermuncher's OktoberFAST, Falconer's Flight IPA, Two-Hearted clone (Culturing Bell's Yeast), Noberon wheat, Skeeter Pee using dry yeast, Smooth Oatmeal Stout

Simple and easy wort aeration - Harvest yeast from your blowoff - Homebrew Spicy Mustard

Old 08-08-2012, 04:08 AM   #23
Indian_villager
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I just ran hot bleach through the cfc on a pump loop for an hour. And it did let loose a bit of funky looking stuff. I guess my running of warm water through the process side immediately after use was not doing the job.

In regards to the air I usually cut the air while racking and spray the exterior of the bucket with sanitizer before opening.