Keg Connection New Inline Flow Control Valve Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South West USA > California HomeBrew Forum > A Thank You to Mendocino Brewing Company
Old 07-26-2012, 12:07 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default A Thank You to Mendocino Brewing Company

So I just brewed up a 15-gallon batch for a family camping trip and all the sudden realized I didn't have any bottle caps (I know, I should be kegging, but I'm earning my Certificate in Cheap Bastard Brewing).

Living up here in Ukiah I have apparently zero resources for homebrew supplies, and so on a whim decided to contact the Mendocino Brewing Company to see if anyone down there knew of where I could get some bottle caps locally. An hour later I get a call and am told that they have some caps for me.

I drive down to the brewery. I'm expecting a small bag of caps set aside for the pitiful little homebrewer who forgot to order them with his grains. I go into the office and meet John Scahill, one of the founders of the company. He tells me to meet him out back near the dumpsters. Whereupon I see two pallets full of 10,000-unit cases full of caps. The label is no longer used, so he says take as much as I want, and if there are any other homebrewers in the area, that they can come and take some as well.

And that's how I got enough caps to last me well beyond the time that I'll spend bottling before moving over to kegging.

So I wanted to share that with the other norcal homebrewers here, and to express my appreciation for John Scahill and the Mendocino Brewing Company for their generosity.

thadius856 Likes This 
Old 07-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 7

That's awesome. I really love how the craft brew industry supports it's fellow brewers.
Oh no! Bitter beer face!!!