Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Automated Brewing Forum > Burner Temp Control Like ToP

Old 07-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
rwinzing
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Burner Temp Control Like ToP

Hi all I hope this is the right place to post this. I am getting a new three burner direct fire system. It is a top tier and I am very excited. I have been toying with also buying one of the main Tower of Power units. Not the pump just the main unit. $575.00 is steep and I am into this new brewery for a couple of grand all ready.

My question is there anything else out there on the market or is there A DYI who someone can recommend (I am in NJ) that has the skill set to do this?

I for one do not have the skill nor the patience to take on this project. I may either wait a little while and add the Tower of Power or just bite the bullet but I thought I would throw it out to this community first.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
krazydave
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

There are definitely DIY methods of doing this with a PID, gas valve, and some control panel parts. However, if you want easy plug n play without having to build it yourself, I think buying the Blichmann might be your best bet.
Parts alone for the DIY method would be someplace around $150-200 for a single valve. Plus if you're looking to pay for labor, you'd probably end up close to what that tower of power would cost you anyway.