Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Specialty Beer > Multiple - Slim's Graham Cracker Ale 2.0

Old 04-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #111
bojacked
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default high krausen still hanging after 19 days

Just checked on this one and it's still got a good third of an inch of krausen hanging at the top after almost 20 days. I think the graham crackers might of had something to do with that, has anyone else had this happen? Im going to give it 2 or 3 more days and then throw in the vanilla beans. It's smelling great so far.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #112
reverendj1
Recipes 

Liked 86 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Slim, thanks for the great recipes. I have both this and your Lemon Lime hefe fermenting right now. I'm looking really forward to drinking both.

Do you think if/when you brew this again, could you please take an OG reading and update the recipe? I, like many others here got 1.072, but I had read prior to brewing that your OG may not be correct, so I didn't do any adjustments. It just helps to have a target. I also accidentally put all 8 oz of baker's chocolate I had in. That's what happens when people stop over while I'm brewing. I'm hoping it will just turn out more S'moresey.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #113
SD-SLIM
Recipes 

Liked 65 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I haven't brewed this one in awhile, because I have been working on other recipes...so give me a few months and I will revisit this one!

Old 05-24-2013, 05:09 AM   #114
kidshowbiz
Recipes 

Just bottled this beer. Tasted a sample. Rules hard. Graham cracker scent came through very well. Vanilla flavor awesome. Super excited. Wife gave 2 thumbs up. Thanks for the recipe!

Old 05-24-2013, 06:03 AM   #115
SD-SLIM
Recipes 

Liked 65 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidshowbiz
Just bottled this beer. Tasted a sample. Rules hard. Graham cracker scent came through very well. Vanilla flavor awesome. Super excited. Wife gave 2 thumbs up. Thanks for the recipe!
Glad you liked it...this beer will age really nice in the bottle, I had one that had been bottled for over 6 months and it was amazing!

Old 05-30-2013, 07:40 PM   #116
bojacked
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrodder View Post
Brewed something really close to this last week, 7 days old today. Tasted it, and wow nothing like I had imagined. All I taste is bitterness and alcohol. Does it mellow out with the next two weeks of aging? Has anyone else brewed this and sneaked a taste?
did your brew ever mellow out? mine is the same way. all bitterness and alcohol, guess ill let it age out.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #117
MASHturbator
Recipes 

Maybe a dumb question but do i crush up the graham crackers and add them to the mash or boil? Can wait to get started on a batch recipe sounds awesome.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #118
MASHturbator
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASHturbator
Maybe a dumb question but do i crush up the graham crackers and add them to the mash or boil? Can wait to get started on a batch recipe sounds awesome.
Just figured it out thanks

Old 06-03-2013, 03:22 AM   #119
Capn12
Recipes 

Brewed this one tonight. Best smelling mash I've had in the tun so far, by far! Only doing a 2 gallon batch, my OG came in at 1.064. Taste.....amazing, and will only get better with fermentation and conditioning.

Thanks for this one, SD!

Old 06-13-2013, 03:36 AM   #120
kidshowbiz
Recipes 

Three weeks in bottle. A little high alcohol flavor. Will let condition a while longer. Graham cracker flavor and vanilla present but not overbearing. Minimal head but nice lacing. Mouth feel fantastic, great body. 7.5 abv a few of these will make your babies born naked! Thanks again for the recipe slim!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2740395570.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	128252