Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Galactic Blonde
Old 09-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by acidrain23
The gravity finally settled down to within specifications 1.012 so I added the dry hops last night. 2 oz of galaxy and 1 oz of amarillo. Holy cow, I wanted to start nom'ing on the galaxy hops out of the bag- they smell amazing! I did have a quick question- the beer itself is a little hazy, I want to add some gelatin to clear it, but can I do this simultaneously while dry hopping without killing my flavor and aroma?
I've been giving 7 days dry hop then putting fermentor into ice bath for 3 days. Drops the hops, clears the beer pretty effectively.

I use a rubbermaid (like for moving). Put in the fermenter, fill with cold tap water to about halfway, then add two frozen gallon sealed jugs of water. I keep four jugs in rotation, changing morning/night. Gets the fermentor down to 45-50F. Of course it would be nice to have a fridge to put it in but this is the caveman way of doing it.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:44 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Just wanted to provide an update on this one- the beer came out great!

The beer pours a beautiful golden color, haze is gone if poured carefully. Head is thick but dissipates fairly quickly leaving some lacing on the glass. Aroma is great, tropical fruit/passionfruit character which segues into the more traditional belgiany flavor profile. Taste is a bit spicy (from the corriander and Saaz?), not sweet, a little tart with the phenolics. The slight tart edge reinforces the fruit flavors from the hops. Body is a bit thin, but it makes the beer very drinkable. Very happy with the way this one came out! Its also very unlike any beer I've had to date.