HBT 2015 Big Giveaway - Winners Drawn - 24 Hours to Claim!

Huge Supporting Membership Discounts - 20% Off - Ends Today!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Holy unripened BHUT batman
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2012, 01:47 AM   #1
cheezydemon3
Registered User
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: louisville
Posts: 12,967
Liked 1651 Times on 1241 Posts
Likes Given: 3007

Default Holy unripened BHUT batman

Thin sliced on cool ranch doritos.....SO yummy....feel the burn......holy crap

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120714_214642.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	68280

yes that is a jalapeno basking in it's gloe.
cheezydemon3 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:55 AM   #2
westo2
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
westo2's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 235
Liked 41 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Wow... just wow.

I've grown 'em the last few years... haven't yet had the guts to try one, perhaps this year.

I do enjoy the habaneros from the garden though - stuffed with a cream cheese, sausage and shrimp stuffing with some old bay and tossed on the grill. Now that's living!
westo2 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:57 AM   #3
funkadelicturkey
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: beer
Posts: 440
Liked 100 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 3046

Default

Man alive! I can feel the burn from here! I had a bhut plant last year, that is one spicy chili!!!
funkadelicturkey is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:02 AM   #4
Qhrumphf
Stay Rude, Stay SHARP
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Qhrumphf's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 8,367
Liked 2052 Times on 1461 Posts
Likes Given: 862

Default

Unfortunately SWMBO can't even eat anything with jalapenos in it without deathly heartburn, so she's banned me from attempting to grow ghost chilis. Afraid it'll end up in all her food. Gah.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetoeddogbrewery View Post
Been drinking there weak ass qhrumphish ABV beers all day on an empty stomach and still don't have a decent buzz.
In Bottles: Session Beers
In Fermenters: More Session Beers
Planned: Even More Session Beers
Qhrumphf is online now
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:03 AM   #5
cheezydemon3
Registered User
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: louisville
Posts: 12,967
Liked 1651 Times on 1241 Posts
Likes Given: 3007

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by westo2
Wow... just wow.

I've grown 'em the last few years... haven't yet had the guts to try one, perhaps this year.

I do enjoy the habaneros from the garden though - stuffed with a cream cheese, sausage and shrimp stuffing with some old bay and tossed on the grill. Now that's living!
dude! what you do with habs earns you a lifetime man card no questions asked! lol.

Do you just dry them for sauce and powder?

No shame. I am slicing this bastard THIN lol.
cheezydemon3 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:07 AM   #6
cheezydemon3
Registered User
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: louisville
Posts: 12,967
Liked 1651 Times on 1241 Posts
Likes Given: 3007

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qhrumphf
Unfortunately SWMBO can't even eat anything with jalapenos in it without deathly heartburn, so she's banned me from attempting to grow ghost chilis. Afraid it'll end up in all her food. Gah.
I had 7 pot peppers (ghost's brother) ripening in the window sill. 1 shook loose andfell on the floor where my 1 year old son found it and took a bite... he cried less than I would have.

my point?

she may be right....
cheezydemon3 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:12 AM   #7
Qhrumphf
Stay Rude, Stay SHARP
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Qhrumphf's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 8,367
Liked 2052 Times on 1461 Posts
Likes Given: 862

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezydemon3 View Post
I had 7 pot peppers (ghost's brother) ripening in the window sill. 1 shook loose andfell on the floor where my 1 year old son found it and took a bite... he cried less than I would have.

my point?

she may be right....
She has yet to discover that I've got a trinidad moruga scorpion/ghost chile hot sauce sitting in the pantry. Hah.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetoeddogbrewery View Post
Been drinking there weak ass qhrumphish ABV beers all day on an empty stomach and still don't have a decent buzz.
In Bottles: Session Beers
In Fermenters: More Session Beers
Planned: Even More Session Beers
Qhrumphf is online now
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:13 AM   #8
westo2
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
westo2's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 235
Liked 41 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezydemon3 View Post
dude! what you do with habs earns you a lifetime man card no questions asked! lol.

Do you just dry them for sauce and powder?

No shame. I am slicing this bastard THIN lol.
The cream cheese lessens the burn, but it still hits pretty hot.

Two years ago - an early frost meant that they ended up in a garden bag. Last year - SWMBO "forgot" to water the plant when I got sent out of town for work - it was dead when I got home.

This year - I think I'll dry them and use them as a rub for the smoker. Still don't know if I can get myself to eat one fresh.
westo2 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:13 AM   #9
cheezydemon3
Registered User
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: louisville
Posts: 12,967
Liked 1651 Times on 1241 Posts
Likes Given: 3007

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qhrumphf

She has yet to discover that I've got a trinidad moruga scorpion/ghost chile hot sauce sitting in the pantry. Hah.
Lol.
cheezydemon3 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools



Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS