Cherry Apple Cider Recipes Suggestions - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Cherry Apple Cider Recipes Suggestions

Old 08-01-2012, 07:32 AM   #11
dinnerstick

Recipes 

Nov 2010
utrecht, netherlands
Liked 271 Times on 198 Posts

suzanneb: jack keller's site as always, every thing you always wanted to know about sulfite and sorbate but were afraid to ask
http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/finishin.asp

i'm a bit late to the party but i also agree with taticalhooligan way above, adding the cherry juice to back-sweeten. i did this once and it came out pretty good, way better than when i racked onto fresh cherries.
as for clearing, unless you have a pectin haze it will clear. if you're just using bottled or concentrate juice, you won't have a pectin haze, so it will clear. that super-kleer / turboklaar stuff works an absolute treat in skeeter pee, never tried it in cider. i don't know if it strips out any flavor? if you can get it into a fridge you can try a few days of cold crashing, should help knock the yeast out of suspension

Old 08-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #12
Lgaddy44

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Frederick, MD, MD
Liked 53 Times on 38 Posts

I have a gallon of cherry juice (from Amish market) that I'm going to mix with 4 gallons of apple juice, tonight. I'll probably add a pound of corn sugar to raise the gravity a bit, then pitch a packet of Montrachet. I think I'm just gonna leave that in the primary for a month and then keg. Hoping for a tasty cider with a mild hint of cherry.

Maverick Moon Miner Brewing