Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Kegerators and Keezers > Dual Hinge Keezer Build!

Old 08-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #21
rekoob
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 11

would love to see some picks with the top opened the two different ways. I have been thinking about rebuilding mine, if I ever get around to it, just to change things around a little with the options from other I have seen sense I have made mine. Just to make things easier on my down the road. I also would like to move it from the garage to the sreened in porch and if it's going to be more visible I want to make it a touch more pleasing to the eye. although it's not bad, just minor upgrades/changes would be needed.
Thanks for the post, you have a fine looking keezer.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #22
krenshaw

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 28

i'll snap some more pics this weekend

DOWN THE HATCH BREWING
Stainless Hop Spider | Wooden Brew Rig | Dual Hinge Keezer Build

Primaries: Apfelwein, Nugget Nectar, Brinner, Sticky Red, Smoked IPA
Keg 1: Nugget Nectar Clone | Keg 2: Brinner | Keg 3: Oaked Bourbon Vanilla Porter
Bottles: lots full and even more empty

Old 11-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #23
loudgonzo
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by krenshaw View Post

the dual hinge design works quite nicely.. from taking inspiration from other builds, i will be able to open just the lightweight top if i need to make an adjustment or get a bottle of something out, or i can open the collar to switch kegs w/o having to worry about the shanks in my way.. you'll notice i had to slightly adapt the hinges i purchased as the only ones i could locate that had the right pattern on were a little small..
that seems like a lot of weight for the stock freezer hinges, oak is pretty heavy on its own...anyone had top lid weight issues issues?

Old 11-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #24
krenshaw

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudgonzo View Post
that seems like a lot of weight for the stock freezer hinges, oak is pretty heavy on its own...anyone had top lid weight issues issues?
when i open it up i be sure to rest it on something (usually the wall behind it) .. never have it sitting by itself w/o any sort of bracing

DOWN THE HATCH BREWING
Stainless Hop Spider | Wooden Brew Rig | Dual Hinge Keezer Build

Primaries: Apfelwein, Nugget Nectar, Brinner, Sticky Red, Smoked IPA
Keg 1: Nugget Nectar Clone | Keg 2: Brinner | Keg 3: Oaked Bourbon Vanilla Porter
Bottles: lots full and even more empty