Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Help!

Old 07-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #21
JeepDiver
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 146 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
. Oh and don't worry about regulater I just spray sanitizer on the valve and hold hose to it drop hose in wort and crack valve barely open. 15sec of that and pow HAPPY YEAST!
Glad I don't live close to you, not going to be a small fire when you screw that one up, and it goes POW

Old 07-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #22
Darkness
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDiver View Post
Glad I don't live close to you, not going to be a small fire when you screw that one up, and it goes POW
Screw it up and pow? It is Oxygen not natural gas.
If Granny can sit in a chair and breath it all day and not blow up, crap if hospitals don't explode it must be safe. Oxygen isn't going to catch fire. And some times you wake up head ace from drinking to much homebrew a quick hit of oxygen make you feel good.

JeepDiver, your name would suggest you Dive. Have your oxygen thanks ever exploded? I wouldn't want to be close to you while your diving POW!

You Stay Classy Brew Nation!!

"He who dies with the most beer didn't drink enough!!"
(that's from me)

Old 07-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #23
JeepDiver
Recipes 

Well I don't dive with 100% O2 so no. But 100% O2 makes everything extremly flamable, so when you are letting it out of the tank without a regulator, and dipping it in your wort, you are risking a good chance of an explosion, if there is any accidental ingition source near by. But hey it's your life, keep on keeping on.

Old 07-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #24
Darkness
Recipes 

Oh well I guess if it will make you feel better I will run a line from my 60# tank and put a quick connect with ball valve on the line off of the regulater and a inline shut off for back up safety. I am lazy and haven't done it yet but could get all the parts today. If pure o2 coming out of a tank with less pressure than you can make with your mouth makes you nerves don't do it 90% of the gas hose in the vessel and I don't worry about it.

(that's from me)

Old 07-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #25
PKLehmer
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDiver
Well I don't dive with 100% O2 so no. But 100% O2 makes everything extremly flamable,
That's not quite true...

O2 is needed to make anything flammable but it is not flammable by itself. Unless he has a source of ignition and some kind of fuel lying around he's fine. I can't imagine what fuel source (besides propane) any of us would bring near our beer.

So the lesson here kiddies is don't aerate your gasoline while trying to light a match.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #26
JeepDiver
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKLehmer View Post
That's not quite true...

O2 is needed to make anything flammable but it is not flammable by itself. Unless he has a source of ignition and some kind of fuel lying around he's fine. I can't imagine what fuel source (besides propane) any of us would bring near our beer.

So the lesson here kiddies is don't aerate your gasoline while trying to light a match.
any lint/dust in the air becomes flamable in 100% 02, unless you are in a clean room, there is plenty that will burn in a 100% 02 air stream. silicon lube (keg lub) is highly flamable in 100% O2, and if you keg you have that around. All you need is the ignition source. And once it starts burning, the metal of the tank valve itself can burn.

He can do what he want's but telling someone to just open the tank without a reg, is a good way to get someone killed.

Old 07-14-2012, 04:12 AM   #27
Darkness
Recipes 

At what point in the post's did put a hose up to the tank opening hold it there and put the other freaking end in a vessel of beer. Turn in to open the freaking bottle and leave the room. The oxygen in the tank I use is the same purity as medical oxygen, there is more oxygen leaking out of the hose's in people's noses into the air than in 15 sec of when I oxygenate beer. Thergo the the hospital has not blown up. Think I am ok.

(that's from me)