The big snip poll. Sore or not sore. - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The big snip poll. Sore or not sore.

View Poll Results: How were the jingle jangles
Had done : No problems 16 21.05%
Had done : Could not walk / sit for couple of days 2 2.63%
Had done : Could not walk / sit for over a week 1 1.32%
Had done : Went red and hot 1 1.32%
Had done : Enjoyed it, would do it again 1 1.32%
Not done : Old Policeman still on "special duties" 6 7.89%
Not done : May get it done in the future 31 40.79%
Not done : Would not get it done 15 19.74%
Ralph Nader has them 3 3.95%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2007, 04:21 PM   #21
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Liked 140 Times on 114 Posts

**Reminder... Don't have the_bird's Wort Syrup.... evar
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 07-16-2007, 05:40 PM   #22
madscutter
Recipes 

Oct 2006
Columbus, OH

Like others have said, follow the doc's advice. I took it REALLY easy for the first couple of days. As in, I didn't get off the couch for anything other than calls of nature. Not that I was in pain or anything, but just as a general precaution. Didn't do anything too stressful for a week or two. Then things were pretty much back to normal. The surgery itself was fine. A couple of moments of fairly intense discomfort, and two very brief spikes of pain when the doc injected the local anesthetic. The most difficult part was trying to stay relaxed during the process. (Definitely not the time you want to be clenching unexpectedly!)

And in response to the_bird, no changes.
Drinking: English Brown Ale, Honey Blond, Franken-SHTOUT, Crappleberry Wine Beverage, Honey Wheat, Riesling
On Deck: Holiday brew

MadScutter's Website

Old 07-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #23
rdwj

Recipes 

Jun 2006
Plainfield, IL
Liked 35 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
I gotta ask the really, REALLY disgusting question... just out of a morbid curiosity...

Does it make your man-juice less... well... white and creamy after you've been snipped? Does it impact your own experience at all?
No noticable difference for me.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:44 PM   #24
Lil' Sparky
Cowboys EAC

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Honolulu, HI
Liked 73 Times on 46 Posts

For me, the worst part was the shot. The doc has to find and hold the vas and sticks the needle right in it. I thought I was going to throw up! Recovery wasn't bad. Sit on your ass for a few days and have SWMBO keep your glass of homebrew full. That's the least she can do!

[strange] When my wife and I met with the doctor for a pre-op visit (his policy), he asked her if she wanted to watch the procedure. My wife loves watching surgeries and weird, gross stuff like that (I can't stand it!) Anyway, she said yes and watched the whole thing. I get the feeling she got some kind of weird, twisted satisfaction out of it. [/strange]

Quote:
I gotta ask the really, REALLY disgusting question... just out of a morbid curiosity...

Does it make your man-juice less... well... white and creamy after you've been snipped? Does it impact your own experience at all?
It doesn't affect any of that at all. You'll be just like your old self, only unleaded now.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:46 PM   #25
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 534 Times on 429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Sparky
[strange] When my wife and I met with the doctor for a pre-op visit (his policy), he asked her if she wanted to watch the procedure. My wife loves watching surgeries and weird, gross stuff like that (I can't stand it!) Anyway, she said yes and watched the whole thing. I get the feeling she got some kind of weird, twisted satisfaction out of it. [/strange]
So, after you had recovered, and she suggested a little "doctor/patient" roleplaying, I'm guessing you politely declined?

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 07-16-2007, 05:48 PM   #26
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
St. Louis, MO
Liked 797 Times on 438 Posts

This thread makes me pucker.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:52 PM   #27
Lil' Sparky
Cowboys EAC

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Honolulu, HI
Liked 73 Times on 46 Posts

Quote:
So, after you had recovered, and she suggested a little "doctor/patient" roleplaying, I'm guessing you politely declined?
No, I just said, "OK. I'll be the doctor. First, I'll need you to undress."

Old 07-16-2007, 05:52 PM   #28
Drunkensatyr

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

Planning on it in the near future. Several friends and my dad have had it done. All said the same thing. Take it easy for a few days and you should be fine. All of em agreed that the smoke was the worst part. and the hot nurse in there watching.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:53 PM   #29
david_42

Recipes 

Oct 2005
Oak Grove, Oregon, USA
Liked 155 Times on 145 Posts

My experience was twenty years ago and was done with micro-incisions. A little tender for a week, but no problems overall. Didn't have trouble walking, no scars, no post-op bleeding, etc. I think the worst moment was when the nurse tried to move a 500 watt spotlight with her elbow! I just grabbed the base and re-positioned it.

[No performance hit, either. In fact, it was probably a plus.]

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 07-16-2007, 06:07 PM   #30
olllllo
[]-O-[]

Recipes 

Apr 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Liked 140 Times on 114 Posts

OG:
FG: