Dip Tube for bottling bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArcLight

Reaction score
Revy has a thread here where he shows his bottling bucket dip tube made from an old racking cane.

Are there any other off the shelf items, say from Home Depot or Lowes, I can use to make a dip tube? I dont have any broken racking canes.

Do you use a #1 Bung?

I used the hacksaw to get the fit close, then used sandpaper to remove the last little bit, as well as removing the burr on the lip. It was definitely worth the time and effort, as I'm able to get almost all of the beer out of the bottling bucket.

Does anybody know what size that fitting is? I have the same bucket as well and am too lazy to dig it out to carry the part in to Lowes to check it out. LOL

BrotherGrim said:
Does anybody know what size that fitting is? I have the same bucket as well and am too lazy to dig it out to carry the part in to Lowes to check it out. LOL

3/4" female threads.

Hi folks. Reviving an oldie here with a simple plumbing question. If the male threaded part of my spigot is 1" diameter including the threads, what is the size of the female elbow connector I'll need? Having trouble finding straight answers through searching...

Thinking now also that the thread density would also have to match. I realize this would be much easier to take care of by going to the store and trying them on but I'd prefer to order it online if possible.

Take your spigot to Lowes, Home Depot etc. Find a threaded pvc or cpvc threaded elbow. Mine is threaded on one side slip joint on the other side. It will replace the nut that holds the spigot tight. Hold it on the inside and screw the spigot into it. I had to shorten the dip side a little. It sits about 1/16" off the bottom. It leaves less than 4 ounces in the bottom of the bucket. But that is good because it leaves some sediment behind.

Like this one but threaded on one side: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Charlotte-Pipe-3-4-in-PVC-Sch-40-90-Degree-S-x-S-Elbow-PVC023000800HD/203812123

5e4c47c5-29b0-4c2a-97f0-2507c5d36c60_400.jpg

Yeah my problem is that there are only tiny hardware stores nearby and I don't drive so it would be easier to order online. Might be less hassle to make the trek to bigboxland...

Back