Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Momma don't let your babies...lawyers...

Old 07-10-2012, 03:47 AM   #21
ReverseApacheMaster
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 234 Times on 194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW66 View Post
It's the ABA accrediation that has kept me away from pursuing a JD. If I could enroll part time or via online, I would absolutely pursue it. I have taken the LSAT and did well, but at my age, I don't want to quit and go back to poverty to enroll. I have a technical undergraduate degree and an MBA in corporate finance, but if I enrolled in one of the online programs that are available, I could only sit for the bar to practice in the state of California. That doesn't help me in NY.
There are plenty of part time programs but it's not part time like an MBA or undergrad where you can take one or two classes at a time. At my school there are plenty of people who work full time and go to school part time. Still others have kids, so they must never sleep.

There are a few states that allow you to read the law to sit for the bar (Vermont comes to mind) but I don't think that helps you in NY unless you go to one of those states and they have a reciprocity agreement with NY that allows you to waive into NY. I doubt NY has such an agreement because its bar seems to have real jackass rules about who can practice in NY.

California's system is...well, bizarre.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #22
jawats
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Kill all the Congressmen, then lawyers will have nothing to do....

"...the yeast knows what it's doing."
I hate it when the yeast is smarter than me.