Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Florida HomeBrew Forum > Good beers in Southeast Florida during late August
Old 08-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 428 Times on 344 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Visited Tequesta Brewery last week and enjoyed Terminally Ale (Brown Ale). I had their Gnarly Barley IPA and Chancellor Kolsch at a couple other local bars since they were served throughout the area. My friend had the Vanilla-Honey Weiss. TBC really has their water adjustments down pat, which is great because most Florida water tastes very sulfury. They achieve a smoothness for all of their beer styles, which is great because perfecting the water profile is often the first thing that is overlooked by other brewers. I still prefer Maduro Brown to Terminally Ale, but it's not far off in terms of overall quality. The latter is more about coffee whereas the former is mostly chocolate.