Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Advice for an IIPA recipe please?

Old 07-04-2012, 09:46 PM   #11
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5937 Times on 4232 Posts
Likes Given: 1515

Quote:
Originally Posted by namyarb3 View Post
I have fermented this beer for 18 days both times ive made it. Cold crash for a full day, then keg and force carbonate.
So you say to follow that direction, but dryhop it cold for a week before kegging?
No, don't dryhop it cold. Dryhop it 5-7 days before kegging, at fermentation temperature. Then you can cold crash for a day and keg it. That will give you the best and freshest hop aroma.

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans
namyarb3 Likes This 
Old 07-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #12
Yankeehillbrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I actually prefer to dry hop in the Keg, That's where I've gotten the best results. I also prefer to use Whole Hops, and put them in a Paint Strainer. I know lots of folks on here use Pellets and put them in some sort of Stainless Steel ball doo-hickey. You'll just have to try both and then pick your poison.
Primary #1:IPA
Primary #2:
Secondary:
On Deck: Pilsener, Brown, Barleywine, Coffee Porter

Old 07-05-2012, 04:45 AM   #13
namyarb3
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
No, don't dryhop it cold. Dryhop it 5-7 days before kegging, at fermentation temperature. Then you can cold crash for a day and keg it. That will give you the best and freshest hop aroma.
OK. So going by MY schedule, let's see...
Do I need to wait the 18 days and then dryhop for 5-7 days then crash and keg? Or ferment till complete, dryhop for 5-7 days, and let the yeast clean up while dry hopping for a TOTAL fermentation of 18 days from boil to crash?
Sorry for the stupid questions, Yooper. I'm really trying to fine tune my beer skills.

I appreciate all of the advice with this brew. Remind me tomorrow to buy a membership tag. Everyone here deserves it!!