I thought I would share my little experiment. I went to a vineyard in Chino Valley, Arizona called Granite Creek (my favorite winery in Arizona by far). Surrounding the vast expanse of grape vines were several juniper trees. I believe the species to be Juniperus Deppeana but I'm not certain. I picked quite a bit of the berries and did the following:
I attempted to kill off bacteria by putting a little less than 1/4 tsp of idophor in 32 oz of purified water. The berries and some greens were added and slightly agitated for about 10 minutes. In the end I had about 0.6 oz of berries plus stems/greens.
I had some spare DME Bavarian wheat lying around so I boiled up 40 oz of water with 6.15 oz of the extract for about 15-20 minutes.
I tried two different methods since I had like 6-8 oz of malt left over. One batch (32 oz) had the 0.6 oz of juniper, completely sanitized with 1/4 tsp of yeast nutrients, and placed in 75 degree controlled environment. I did get a little ghetto on this one and drilled out the top of a Kerr jar and shoved an airlock in it.
The second was much smaller and was not sanitized in any way and was put in the fridge... that's it.
I will update in a few days.