Co2 with siphon tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lobotion

Reaction score
Hi anyone have a co2 tank with siphon tube I was thinking of getting one just in case I want to fill the 20z tanks . What other equipment would I need?

The siphons are usually for transferring liquid CO2, I believe. Don't see how it applies to homebrewing...

I believe I heard of someone using a regular tank and putting it on a swivel stand upside down and filling up paintball tanks.. I know they mentioned a hanging scale for weight but dont know what regulating system was used or high pressure hose.. maybe look on a paintball website or something.. I do like the idea of a 20oz cylinder for transporting with a keg rather than my 2.5lb or those small burst cartridges.. :mug:

The siphons are usually for transferring liquid CO2, I believe. Don't see how it applies to homebrewing...

He said he wants to use it to fill smaller tanks with liquid.

OP, this is something that is probably pretty dangerous if you don't do it correctly. Make sure all your tubing is rated for 1000-2000 PSI and make sure you know what you're doing!

I wouldn't recommend flipping a regular tank upside down, most regulators will fail if liquid CO2 goes through them.

You need a filling station and a scale. If your CO2 tank doesn't have a siphon tube you can turn your tank upside down (It's what I do). No regulator needed. Do research this. Lots of youtube vdeos out there.

shelly_belly said:
You need a filling station and a scale. If your CO2 tank doesn't have a siphon tube you can turn your tank upside down (It's what I do). No regulator needed. Do research this. Lots of youtube vdeos out there.

Cool so I wont spend the extra 20.00

shelly_belly said:

that's what I thought.. :mug:

Back