Fermenting using US05 in a corny in a temp controlled fridge @ 65F. New to cold crashing and have read a bit online. I had a good fermentation that took my 1.069 (unverified) AG pale to 1.010 in 3 days, still 1.010 at 14 days. I'd like to cold crash, then bring temps to the 60's and dry hop with pellets before cold crashing again and transferring to carb. However the Krausen remains 50% or so on top (new to me) and my samples are a bit more cloudy than I'm used to. I'm not seasoned enough to pick out any specific off flavors, and samples taste more or less like I expect - slightly bitter, slightly yeasty. I hear people saying about a week to condition, or a couple days. If I hit FG in 3 days, that seems like plenty of time to do the cleanup. I know I can wait, I have typically done primary 4 weeks in a carboy. I'd rather not wait that long if I'm just gaining clarity, since I can crash cool in the keg and this beer will just be drank quickly to make room for a more special brew.
In short - Ok to crash after 2 weeks @65F (1.5 weeks of stable FG) when Krausen persists? Ferment and condition are likely done if I can't detect off flavors, right?
Kill your television