I hate my job. . . - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I hate my job. . .

Old 07-13-2007, 03:25 AM   #1
Biermann
Reinvented Biermann
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2006
East Peoria, IL
Liked 32 Times on 20 Posts

Sorry for the rant. . .but . . .

I currently have an administrative position. I am over 3000 providers and 82 agencies.

I am currently on the $#it list of our biggest agency (50% of our system), and my BOSS is on the payroll of that agency.

By law, I am over my boss, but in reality I'm not. (its complicated).

Needless to say, I'm drinking more. I think my job is secure, I just don't have the power I need.

so, I'm opening this thread to let all of you vent on your own job and their unintended consequences on your lives. . .

Lord knows, I have a few . . .

Holding tanks:Sold
Conical #1:Sold
Bottles: Nichts
On Deck:

Old 07-13-2007, 03:29 AM   #2
Ryanh1801

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Addison,TX
Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

I "did" hate my job. Key word is did . But now im jobless and racking up more debt. But hey thats whats college is for. Im just glad that all I have is a year until i can be in a job, I already know I will enjoy.

Old 07-13-2007, 03:32 AM   #3
talleymonster

Recipes 

Dec 2005
Liked 21 Times on 11 Posts

I work in a field that is getting more and more crowded everyday. I work construction and more and more illegals come over the border and are snuffing out us Americans. They drive down the wages. They are turning all the job sites into bilingual jobs.

I joined the union thinking that they would offer some degree of protection... Turns out they are just fueling the fire. They accept everyone that fills out an application. They don't do background checks or anything of the like. They turn a blind eye to the problem. Because they make money off of every due-paying member. Money governs everything.

It would seem that nothing is sacred anymore, if the price is right.

Old 07-13-2007, 03:40 AM   #4
Biermann
Reinvented Biermann

Recipes 

Mar 2006
East Peoria, IL

I'm just faced with a huge conflict of interest with my boss. . .

I'm hoping to stay the course. . . but it makes my life miserable in the meantime. .

the problem is my health is suffering from it.

On Deck:

Old 07-13-2007, 03:50 AM   #5
dibby33

Recipes 

Nov 2006
Hobart, Tasmania
Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts

Get another job. Life too short.
Look at it this way : If you were sitting down at home and the chair was unconfortable, then you would get up off the chair and go and sit on another.
GET OFF YER BUT AND GET ANOTHER JOB!!!

...oh and have a HB

Primary
s : Ginger Beer, Wheat Beer
Secondary :
Empty
Bottled
: all drunk
Drinking : A Lot.
Next Up : Wheat Beer with grainy things

Old 07-13-2007, 03:52 AM   #6
Lil' Sparky
Cowboys EAC

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Honolulu, HI
Liked 73 Times on 46 Posts

I'd tell you to look for a different job, but based on all the brew bling you've got, I'd say it pays the bills and with plenty left over. It's hard to walk away from something like that.

I'm active duty AF, so if I get stuck in a crappy job, the good thing is I know it'll change before long. I'm going to grad school again right now (thanks for your taxes that pay my salary + school expenses!) I don't have a single complaint.

Old 07-13-2007, 03:54 AM   #7
Biermann
Reinvented Biermann

Recipes 

Mar 2006
East Peoria, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibby33
Get another job. Life too short.
Look at it this way : If you were sitting down at home and the chair was unconfortable, then you would get up off the chair and go and sit on another.
GET OFF YER BUT AND GET ANOTHER JOB!!!

...oh and have a HB
I wish it were that easy.

I made a pledge to my people. . .they have echoed that they would revolt if I leave. I guess I'll stay.

If I'm fired, I'll leave. Otherwise, I'll stay and become extremely passive aggressive.

On Deck:

Old 07-13-2007, 04:04 AM   #8
Ize

Recipes 

Mar 2006
Central Illinois
Liked 28 Times on 24 Posts

It sounds like there's a good ol' "Come to Jesus" meeting you got brewing there Bier. You gotta figure out exactly who and what you are responsible to. And if that's not satisfactory to you (because trust me, and I know you know this as well, your physical and mental well-being for you AND your family are far more important than any paycheck.) then it MIGHT be time for a change. Talk to some folks, get some additional input if possible...

I walked out of a job 3 years ago (with a new 1 month old at home mind you) that I just couldn't take anymore. I landed on my feet and then got headhunted, and today I'm back with the same stations under different ownership in a far better position than I ever have been in, and far better than I would have been if I had stayed.

I know it sucks right now, but think it thru, check it out from ALL angles, and then do what is best for YOU and your family...

If ya need anything gimme a shout, I'm all ears man....

Ize

Sig to re-open when it's less of an embarassment
What I do for a living on the web... www.wsoyam.com

Old 07-13-2007, 04:24 AM   #9
t-dogg
Recipes 

Nov 2006
b'ham alabama

be true to ur self

Old 07-13-2007, 04:29 AM   #10
Biermann
Reinvented Biermann

Recipes 

Mar 2006
East Peoria, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ize
It sounds like there's a good ol' "Come to Jesus" meeting you got brewing there Bier. You gotta figure out exactly who and what you are responsible to. And if that's not satisfactory to you (because trust me, and I know you know this as well, your physical and mental well-being for you AND your family are far more important than any paycheck.) then it MIGHT be time for a change. Talk to some folks, get some additional input if possible...

I walked out of a job 3 years ago (with a new 1 month old at home mind you) that I just couldn't take anymore. I landed on my feet and then got headhunted, and today I'm back with the same stations under different ownership in a far better position than I ever have been in, and far better than I would have been if I had stayed.

I know it sucks right now, but think it thru, check it out from ALL angles, and then do what is best for YOU and your family...

If ya need anything gimme a shout, I'm all ears man....

Ize
I appreciate the support. My intent was not to make this a thread about myself. The problem is, I was recruited for this position. I then realize over 2 years into it that there are some unholy relationships going on, and that the reason I'm the third person in 5 years in this job is because of one person and his tentacles.

Again, I'm bigger than that. I'm young, energetic, and have the willpower to stay this bastard out. . . .if I don't get fired in the interim.

Anyway. . .

On Deck: