Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Using rice cooker to steam fruit

Old 06-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
mrkrausen
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Default Using rice cooker to steam fruit

Okay, I searched for this and didn't find anything. There might be a good reason for this, but I figured I'd ask. There are plenty of posts filled with people wondering how top prepare fruit or other things to add to their beer. I was reading a post about using rice as an adjunct and for some reason a rice cooker came to mind. This is nothing new. But then I thought about the steamer pan that rice cookers come with and putting fruit in there to kill what ever wild yeast and bacteria might be on there. I would think 5 to 10 minutes would be sufficient. I doubt this is a new idea but I just didn't find it posted. I think the biggest issue would be if you're using say 2# per gallon then you would have to do several runs with it.