Here is where I really slacked on taking pictures. It was around 12am on a Friday when I decided to build the collar and with my limited woodworking skills it was rather frustrating to say the least. However, an hour or two later I had a fully functional collar that worked. I used a 7.5 inch spade bit to drill out the holes for the taps prior to connecting the collar. There is also a good amount of weather stripping below the collar.
Below is underneath the hood. I still need to insulate around the collar, but surprisingly it has held temp and not required a ton of energy from the freezer. You can see on the lid where I replaced the insulation. There is about 3/4 in to 1 inch of foam insulation there. I only have 2 taps hooked up at the moment as I am waiting on my IPA and Blueberry Wheat to get to a keggable state. (note - this picture was taken today, this project was actually finished about 2 weeks ago)
There is a ton of room in this thing. Here it shows 4 cornys easily fitting and the 10# Co2 tank in the bottom corner. I have pint glasses and bottles chilling on the hump that is not included in the picture. (note - this was also taken today)
I decided after the initial collar pictures that I wanted to stain the wood, so the following day I picked up some stain and put 2 coats on the collar.
And below is the finished product. Easy labeling below the taps and I am using the top as a calendar of sorts to keep track of fermentation, kegging and tapping schedules. I tapped the blonde yesterday and it is dispensing right at 38 degrees and tastes awesome. I haven't built too many things, so I was quite happy with myself when I finished this project!