I love AHS! - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I love AHS!

Old 06-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
dfc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2010
Chandler, AZ
Liked 229 Times on 181 Posts

First I'd like to state that I don't think I'm drunk, but I have been drinking a Barleywine that obviously being as this is a home brewing community I brewed myself. Typing of which my glass is empty, so I need to refill... OK, my glass has been filled.

Anyway, I just ordered my next 3 beers from Austin Homebrew Supply. I'm stoked. I'll be doing a Newcastle clone, an American Black Ale and a beer for football season I call Eagles IPA. http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f163/foo...-yeast-268839/

The first two are AG (my 2nd and 3rd batches of AG) and the third remains true to the original recipe which is extract.

Austin Homebrew Supply rocks though. I think that was the whole reason for this post.
Secondary: Beer

How to brew extract (with pictures!)

How to brew extract (Video)

Simple bottling process

Old 06-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
Haputanlas

Recipes 

Jan 2010
Austin, TX
Liked 59 Times on 58 Posts

Agreed.

You also bring up a great point about brewing some beers for the football season. Damn, I'm gonna need to brew A LOT!

Primary: Viking Metal, Berliner Weisse
Kegged: Oaked English Mild, Modus Hoperandi
Bottled: None
Notable Empties: Oaked Black IIPA, BBK I, Red IIPA, Burning Bush, Apophis "The Destroyer", Vanilla Porter
On-Deck: Hobbit Ale, The Titan BW, Ale of Olympus

Old 06-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #3
krenshaw

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Lancaster, PA
Liked 54 Times on 49 Posts

+10, really the only place i have been purchasing things online.. looking forward to the extra percentage off day for pennsylvania and i'll be getting some new hardware :-)

DOWN THE HATCH BREWING
Stainless Hop Spider | Wooden Brew Rig | Dual Hinge Keezer Build

Primaries: oxy :-(
Keg 1: Brown Ale | Keg 2: Porter | Keg 3: Belgian Wit
Bottles: lots full and even more empty

PA49erFan21 Likes This 
Old 06-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #4
PA49erFan21
Recipes 

Jun 2011
Lititz, PA
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Classic post! I love it! Think I'll have to brew up a nice Red Ale for the 49ers upcoming Super Bowl season.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:22 PM   #5
PA49erFan21
Recipes 

Jun 2011
Lititz, PA
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by krenshaw View Post
+10, really the only place i have been purchasing things online.. looking forward to the extra percentage off day for pennsylvania and i'll be getting some new hardware :-)
Ah, you are waiting for the too huh? I couldn't wait any longer and purchased the Honey Hiabiscus Wit kit. I am sort of on a time schedule though and couldn't wait any longer. LONG LIVE AHS!!!!

Old 07-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #6
Chia
Recipes 

Jun 2011
Cape Girardeau, MO
Liked 77 Times on 16 Posts

dont even mention football! it has been 100+ degrees hear in the swamp land for the past week and looks like it will stay that way for at least another week! I need to brew and have empty fermentors! that being said, i just switched television providers and have Sunday Ticket for Free! I HAVE to BREW!!!

Old 07-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #7
neosapien

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Dallas, TX
Liked 144 Times on 103 Posts

to paraphrase Idiocracy:

whoa, you like football AND beer? we should totally hang out.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #8
dfc

Recipes 

Jul 2010
Chandler, AZ
Liked 229 Times on 181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neosapien View Post
to paraphrase Idiocracy:

whoa, you like football AND beer? we should totally hang out.
That movie is so great. Unfortunately it's a future documentary so that saddens me.
Secondary: Beer

How to brew extract (with pictures!)

How to brew extract (Video)

Simple bottling process

Old 07-03-2012, 03:34 PM   #9
PA49erFan21
Recipes 

Jun 2011
Lititz, PA
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chia View Post
dont even mention football! it has been 100+ degrees hear in the swamp land for the past week and looks like it will stay that way for at least another week! I need to brew and have empty fermentors! that being said, i just switched television providers and have Sunday Ticket for Free! I HAVE to BREW!!!
I got my Sunday Ticket set up for this season. I had to call to get a discount since I'm an existing customer. Still was able to get an additional $50 knocked off the original $200 pricetag. That comes to just under $10 per game. Not too bad.

Now, just to think of a good beer to go with the season. To Beer and Football!

Old 07-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #10
tom_gamer
Recipes 

Oct 2011
Houston, Texas
Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa49erfan21
classic post! I love it! Think i'll have to brew up a nice red ale for the 49ers upcoming super bowl season.
+1