Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > apple juice + honey + chai tea anyone?
Old 07-12-2007, 05:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default apple juice + honey + chai tea anyone?

I made a batch of hard apple cider a few weeks ago. Just opened 5 gallons of the cheapest 100% not from concentrate and no additives pasturized apple juice on top of a yeast cake from a white zin wine box kit. It is gone now.... WOW!!! IT WENT FAST!!! anyhow... I'm thinking of steeping 7-8 tea bags of chai tea in some apple juice then adding 5 lbs honey to the primary for a spiced cizer. I'm thinking it would be done about middle of december if I started it now. I am also thinking about using a really spicy colve tasting ale yeast and when that poops out finishing out with a sweet mead yeast. How does this sound?

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's as good as they're going to feel all day." -Dean Martin
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBeer sense hauling empty carboys around when full ones take up just as much space. :)