Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Belgian Farmhouse on Nitro

Old 06-27-2012, 01:57 AM   #1
mtcpilot
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default Belgian Farmhouse on Nitro

Just tapped a Belgian Farmhouse Ale that I brewed up this winter. It was a kit from AHS, and used Wyeast 3726. I also just set up my stout faucet/nitro setup and decided to pour the belgian through it.

When poured through a traditional faucet, the Farmhouse is nice and dry, spicy, bready, and leaves the palate wanting more. Through the stout faucet, the aroma is hidden under a beautiful layer of foam, the mouthfeel is thick, flavor same, but then finishes dry about 3 seconds after the swallow. Pretty cool sensation that I'm not used to from a Belgian or from a stout faucet.

Anyone else done/doing this? I'd recommend trying it. I'm thinking I'll do a Dubbel or Quad at some point, and try it on nitro to see if I can get the same effect.

Clark
Bottled: 4.0 GPA(German Pale Ale), EdWort's Apfelwein
Up Next: 3-Way Tripel, Coconut Porter, Nor'Easter Winter Ale, Once You Go Black IPA, German Pilsner, Scotch Ale

Old 06-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
mewithstewpid
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 204 Times on 133 Posts
Likes Given: 164

no i have never tried this, and dont know i would like it. i really enjoy the higher level of carbonation in saisons. Would definitely try it tho!

do you have a picture of this? sounds really interesting!