It's been a long time but I thought I'd report back with my results as anticlimactic as they are. I tried this adding the grains (1lb) at flame out but waiting ~15 minutes before starting wort chiller to allow for some pasteurization (I had adjusted my hop schedule to compensate for this as well). However I don't think I captured all that much honey aroma or any extra taste that I was hoping for. Conversely I the beer is clean tasting I doubt there is any infection issue nor any over tannin extraction.
All that said unfortunately the beer was a bit uninspiring and bland. Likely just a recipe issue I was counting to much on the honey flavor to through and didn't have enough else going on to back it up.
Primary: Unnamed Milk Stout
Secondary: First attempt Mead, Raspberry Apfelwein
Keg: Hot Red Head Stawberry wheat, Infamous Imperial IPA