Cranberry Trippel ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dslater

Reaction score
I have the wort for a trippel on to boil and just found some cranberries in the freezer. I've had a few homebrews during the course of the brew day and suddenly adding cranberries seems like a good idea.

Any suggestions in terms of process or quantity?

Or does anyone want to talk me down before I make the leap?

Thanks!

Just saw this now and it sounds like it would have been a fine idea to me. Did you do anything with this?

I agree. This does sound good. What ever became of it? With the thought of brewing some beers for the holidays, this might fit in.

xlntmike said:
I agree. This does sound good. What ever became of it? With the thought of brewing some beers for the holidays, this might fit in.

Want to collab on this? Come up with a recipe? Would you add cranberries fresh or dried and to boil or dry hop?

Actually, i still have the beer in secondary. Have been procrastinating on bottling. Anyway I was thinking of dry hopping. Any thoughts on an initial amount?

dslater said:
Actually, i still have the beer in secondary. Have been procrastinating on bottling. Anyway I was thinking of dry hopping. Any thoughts on an initial amount?

Because of their tough skins; I would cut them (I know a pain) to expose the flesh. Four cups maybe?

Back