Anybody up for a riddle? - Page 89 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Anybody up for a riddle?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 08:30 AM   #881
Roadliner
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Roadliner's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2010
Fox Valley, Wisconsin
Posts: 1,545
Liked 273 Times on 184 Posts


not rhyming lol.

I don't think the 20oz jars really mean much based on the second explanation.. I might be wrong though.

I like the way you solved it differently, but how how do you make sure you measure only 2 gallons into the 3 gallon jug is the only question.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #882
emjay
 
emjay's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 12,792
Liked 1719 Times on 1606 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadliner
not rhyming lol.

I don't think the 20oz jars really mean much based on the second explanation.. I might be wrong though.

I like the way you solved it differently, but how how do you make sure you measure only 2 gallons into the 3 gallon jug is the only question.
It's the two gallons that were left over in the 5gal jug after pouring it into the 3 gallon jug.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #883
Roadliner
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Roadliner's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2010
Fox Valley, Wisconsin
Posts: 1,545
Liked 273 Times on 184 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
It's the two gallons that were left over in the 5gal jug after pouring it into the 3 gallon jug.
wow I totally missed that part

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #884
Dan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Dan's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii
Posts: 7,190
Liked 2204 Times on 1381 Posts


Roadliner and Emjay
I think you both answered the question today
I got to admit that one screws me up
Especially when I'm a little drunk
The 16/20 thing is no real thing
Just some stupid words that didn't even bring bling
But if there is somebody out there who can make sense of it
I'll buy them a few beers and maybe some sparlkler sticks..

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #885
Clifton
Recipes 
 
Jun 2007
Posts: 695
Liked 47 Times on 40 Posts


Put 16 ounces into each of 32 separate 20 ounce jars

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:57 AM   #886
LabRatBrewer
Lost in a Maze
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
LabRatBrewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Laguna Niguel, CA
Posts: 3,071
Liked 1056 Times on 733 Posts


This one is from my son
maybe not a riddle, but a little fun...
Pete and Repeat are on a boat. Pete falls off, who is left?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:10 AM   #887
emjay
 
emjay's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 12,792
Liked 1719 Times on 1606 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRatBrewer
This one is from my son
maybe not a riddle, but a little fun...
Pete and Repeat are on a boat. Pete falls off, who is left?
Ha, I heard that one as a kid. Not exactly a riddle though, and it doesn't seem to work as well when written.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #888
LabRatBrewer
Lost in a Maze
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
LabRatBrewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Laguna Niguel, CA
Posts: 3,071
Liked 1056 Times on 733 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Ha, I heard that one as a kid. Not exactly a riddle though, and it doesn't seem to work as well when written.
I should apologize for that one. I'll work on some new ones.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:28 AM   #889
emjay
 
emjay's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 12,792
Liked 1719 Times on 1606 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRatBrewer

I should apologize for that one. I'll work on some new ones.
No apology needed, I wasn't criticizing

 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:10 AM   #890
LabRatBrewer
Lost in a Maze
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
LabRatBrewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2011
Laguna Niguel, CA
Posts: 3,071
Liked 1056 Times on 733 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
No apology needed, I wasn't criticizing
I know you weren't. I'm not at all thin skinned.
In fact, its thick skin, not fat, that results from my gluttonous sins.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools



Forum Jump