Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > ThermoWorks Therma K
Old 06-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default ThermoWorks Therma K

Anyone have experience with the Therma K thermometer?

Only about 10 bucks more than the thermapen and I like the idea of having the probe separate from the unit.

With the probe included it appears as though the accuracy is a tiny bit better and as fast reading as the thermapen.

Any thoughts?

BrewNano - Exploring Nano-Breweries, One Interview At A Time

On Tap - The Tunguska Event, Cream Ale
On Tap - Devastated Sky, CDA
On Tap - Fallow Fields, Autumn Ale
On Tap - East Creek Sour Wheat, Sour Wheat Ale
Fermenting - Nothing :(
Old 06-15-2012, 05:07 AM   #2
Liked 2088 Times on 1624 Posts

The probe hardly looks any longer than the Thermapen probe, and now you have a wire to worry about failing at one end or the other from fatigue. I don't see much if any advantage there. I'll stick with my trusty Screamin' Yellow Splashproof Thermapen...

[Whoa! WTF happened to the editor? Between every friggin' link having an underscore and the editor gone weird, this forum "upgrade" blows chunks!]

Old 11-26-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

i just posted something on this.. Having a probe that attaches (not integrated) drops the accuracy a bit. you take the accuracy reading from the probe and the hand held unit, square them, add together then square root them and thats your accuracy which is about 1.02 for the Therma K. Also right now the probe is free.

NOt sure if I want that, the thermapen or the thermapen precision.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

There is a video on-line that got me to get this. I used the 6 foot wire as a probe as recommended. It works very well. I can get the wire by a pot cover. Also I put the wire up the sparge tube for accurate readings. I wasn't sure what to do with the pointy probe. It looked like it was for sticking into meat.