Hi, I'm sorry; I know that you will have been asked this a thousand times before but most of the posts I came across involved no-rinse sanitisers (starsan, iodophor and the like) so just wanted some advice before I revert to a RDWHAHB state.
Being the foolish noob that I am, I accidentally caused a bit of suck-back on some chlorine-based sanitiser (I know I should have used vodka or tap water... Now I know why) into a 5 litre (just over 1 gallon) batch of ginger beer. It was about a 3rd of the contents of a very small 3 piece airlock, and the solution itself was made up with no more than a quarter of a teaspoon in excess water.
I'm guessing even in a smaller batch this shouldn't be a problem after a week of fermentation, but as the instructions state the usual "harmful if swallowed, seek medical advice" I thought I should check.
The instructions also say chlorine gas will be released if it contacts acid, and I've got 4 lemons of juice in there. Will this sort things out do you think?