Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > My Brewery Pics

Old 08-19-2007, 07:41 AM   #31
andyyork
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Well that depends on what paint you can get for free

I have a daughter due in the next couple weeks. I 've been working on my soda making skills for the last 8 1/2 months.

I hope she's as interested as yours

Old 09-26-2007, 11:35 PM   #32
Krieger betrunkener
Recipes 

If you're thinking about painting (I am a steelworker with much painting/coatings experience) and want something that will look good, I have a few suggestions.

You look like you have a pretty extensive brewery so if you're willing to spend a little money, a two part epoxy paint will cure like steel and thus be really easy to clean up and will withstand a tremendous beating. Since you're in the states, I would suggest Sherwin Williams Duraplate-235. It will run you around $100 for both parts of the paint.

Another good coating would be a High-Solids polyurethane (again a two part mixture) It cures like a rubbery plastic but is easy to clean and would probably serve the purpose well.

But if you're like me and don't want to spend $100, an Industrial Alkyd Enamel would do the trick (I think its like $20-$30 for a gallon) just make sure go give it a long time to cure.

Also I would recommend a roller versus a brush for the above three, it will come out thicker on the particle board and will last longer, plus it will look better.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:50 PM   #33
talleymonster

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biermann
On another note: Now that everyone has seen my setup--- I was thinking of painting the surface of my bench there with a glossy paint of some sort to decrease the permeability of it.

Any ideas on colors?? I was thinking Grey, possibly white. I'm concerned about heat reflection, etc. I think painting it would look nicer, and would be more sanitary.
I used a nice Colonial Maple stain that turned out sexy as all hell! I topped it with three coats of clear polyurethane.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:34 AM   #34
Philip1993
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewer_99
I do have a safety complaint though. In pic #2 the little one was too close to the boiling wort/pot.
Yep. That pic raised my BP 20 points. Maybe I'm a little paranoid, but I won't let my 4 yr old w/in 4 feet of a kettle unless I've got a grip on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biermann
I could tile it, but that would be expensive. . .
Nah... Shop for beige tile on clearance and you do the whole thing done for under 50 bucks.