Group Buy in Chicago #5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'd be willing to do a spilt.

Cool, so here is the list. I'll PM everyone tomorrow and put the order on my tomorrow. Just Paypal me the cash (I'll message everyone once the cost is final with 1/4 of the total on the box) and take your jug when you get your grain.

Here's the list:
Wcrooker
gothic_horror
Me
ThirsT

Also, if this is incoherent it's because I spent all day cutting stainless steel tubing for my new rig! The shop wells saw was cutting all sorts of crooked so I ended up making the cuts on a massive saw designed for automated cutting 2 foot in diameter billets. Turns out just because it's massive and cool looking doesn't mean its not twice as much work.

Vamphyrii beware.. 100+ lbs of garlic curing, harvested from the garden. Basement reeks like a good Italian gran's wine cellar.

ForumRunner_20120624_090259.jpg

Docgineer said:
Do me a favor and bribe someone into telling you the hops in moon man!

All they would tell me is that it's 5 hops (that's stated on the label) and to think of rare New Zealand hops. I tried...

Hah, I suppose my research will continue. Thanks for asking. It's a great pale ale. The hops profile is excellent and complex. Did you give it a whirl?

All they would tell me is that it's 5 hops (that's stated on the label) and to think of rare New Zealand hops. I tried...

Hah, I suppose my research will continue. Thanks for asking. It's a great pale ale. The hops profile is excellent and complex. Did you give it a whirl?

I did drink Moon Man and it is delicious. The brewer also said that he can tell me that it's *not* Nelson Sauvin hops. Of all the beers I tried this weekend, I like the Belgian Red and absolutely loved the Dancing Man Wheat hefeweizen. We're goin back to the Dells for the week of the fourth of July and plan on picking up more beer from New Glarus. I love that place!

Bill, I have 11 lbs Nelson Sauvin accounted for..I'll plan on an early pick-up and weigh, bag-n-tag those that pay me early..others I'll deal with a mutually convenient delivery method afterwards...thanks..

What's the flavors off that moon man, Pacific Jade and Gem are tasty too.

Bill, I have 11 lbs Nelson Sauvin accounted for..I'll plan on an early pick-up and weigh, bag-n-tag those that pay me early..others I'll deal with a mutually convenient delivery method afterwards...thanks..

What's the flavors off that moon man, Pacific Jade and Gem are tasty too.

sounds good on the pick up.

The moon man is a little grassy tasting bit in a good way. it kind of reminds me of citra a little bit. we'll have to exchange beer from 3 Floyds and New Glarus during the pick up.

Sounds like a plan.on the beer swap..

If I recall the Jade was citrusy/spicy...

I got lucky.. 3 amari*** hop babes and 4 cit** hop babes from seed..hoping for females.. 6" tall.. prolly hermies..can't get the hopes up too high..

Neopol said:

I got lucky.. 3 amari*** hop babes and 4 cit** hop babes from seed..hoping for females.. 6" tall.. prolly hermies..can't get the hopes up too high..

You sir, are way beyond me on hops horticulture...

Ok, so the hops with me are this:

I placed an order for 11 pounds of Nelson sauvin. This may have been after the fourth pallet was full but I never got conformation either way. I only needed 6 pounds of the hops so I asked if anybody else would like the remaining five. To this point I think three pounds of those five pounds are spoken for if the deal goes through. I'm wondering if it is even possible on that last pallet?

Slick. Even if they're boys, it would be cool to cross breed your own variety.

If you get a male on the loose will it make the harvest from the local girls unusable that season?

starman said:
If you get a male on the loose will it make the harvest from the local girls unusable that season?

Yes, boys produce pollen creating seed as in all dioescious plants.. I am just hoping for some freebie goodies, the breeding process is a long and arduous one if youre hoping for a reproducible hybrid....(out of my league- & patience)..ps yes they will ruin all your other female cones too. I have 1.5 " chinook & cascades cones on a 14' bines, hopefully plenty to share at group buys after a cure..

ylpaul2000 said:
Ok, so the hops with me are this:

I placed an order for 11 pounds of Nelson sauvin. This may have been after the fourth pallet was full but I never got conformation either way. I only needed 6 pounds of the hops so I asked if anybody else would like the remaining five. To this point I think three pounds of those five pounds are spoken for if the deal goes through. I'm wondering if it is even possible on that last pallet?

Can I get a pound?

Is there anyone interested in a split of Acid Cleaner #5?

How about Acidulated Malt? I'm in for 1/4 up to 1/2 a sack.

Been busy since I got back. Give me a couple of days to update everything. Thanks.

Soooo, nobody else needs Acid Cleaner #5? That stuff is a b1tch to get a hold of outside of these buys. Right now I would be in for 2 of the gallon containers in a (4 gallon) single order.

Nobody?

Randar said:
Soooo, nobody else needs Acid Cleaner #5? That stuff is a b1tch to get a hold of outside of these buys. Right now I would be in for 2 of the gallon containers in a (4 gallon) single order.

Nobody?

I'll split it with you.

I'm going to start entering stuff tonight, guys. It's been a hectic week so far. Thanks for your patience.

OK. I dropped my one sack of grain so it looks like there's room for 2 more sacks on the fourth pallet. Before I add anyone else I want everyone who is on the spreadsheet to confirm their orders for sacks of grain.

Also, for those buying individual gallons of starsan, check that you are on the list that is shaded beige. we can only have multiples of 4 on the gallon starsan orders.

For the hops, I am doing it the same way as the splits of grain. one person orders the full 11 pounds and they split it with the other participants. if a hop order isn't accounted for let me know whose name it should go under.

bmason1623 said:
OK. I dropped my one sack of grain so it looks like there's room for 2 more sacks on the fourth pallet. Before I add anyone else I want everyone who is on the spreadsheet to confirm their orders for sacks of grain.

Confirmed. Thanks!

wcrooker said:
Can I get a pound?

That should be fine, if you still want them. I'll send you the payment info later. I'm going to try and get to the pick up location early so I can split, weigh,bag, and label the order for everyone.

ylpaul2000 said:
That should be fine, if you still want them. I'll send you the payment info later. I'm going to try and get to the pick up location early so I can split, weigh,bag, and label the order for everyone.

Awesome, thanks.

Randar said:
Ok, you want 2 of the 4 gallons? or just one? At that price I don't mind taking 3 of them.

I would take 2. At that price, I'd take 4... But there will be more group buys.

ok, i corrected a few errors on the spreadsheet. for those that ordered individual gallons of starsan please check your orders. I have the list of people in the beige area of the sheet. if there are no errors with it then i will start adding people's individual gallons and pricing under their name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back