So I brewed up more grain and added another 2 oz. of whole leaf hops. Waited a week and it poured like light chocolate milk and tasted horrible. I though I'd ruined it, but continued to wait.
Took a gravity a couple days later and it had cleared significantly and tasted more delicate, but still as if there isn't enough alcohol. *I did take an OG, but the numbers don't make sense because it really tastes like there is no alcohol. (And sorry, I don't have them on me right now, but I will post them later.)
On Sunday I added gelatin, on Monday evening I put it in the cooler to crash. Tuesday evening I began force carbing for a party on Saturday. I should be able to drain off all the residual on Friday and see how it turned out. Keeping fingers crossed for this Frankenstein ale.
If it borks I'll remove CO2 over the course of a week, sit at room temperature, add a tad more yeast, and put it away for a month. I'm not giving up on this one.
Tap: DIPA, oaked Baltic porter, XXX pale ale, dark IPA
Bottle: vanilla kombucha, oaked puh-er kombucha, blueberry kombucha,
Primary: rose hip kombucha, oaked honey and oolong kombucha, hopped kombucha brewed with green tea infused with cab. grapes