Hard Berry Cider Recipe? - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Hard Berry Cider Recipe?

Old 01-21-2013, 03:11 AM   #21
xjbobbin82
Recipes 

Jan 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brulosopher View Post
I kegged the cider an ditched the fruit... didn't want to risk ruining what turned out to be a really tasty 5.2% ABV cider. Maybe next time!
Hey better safe than sorry! Looks delicious, nice job!!

If you don't mind me asking, did you use anything to clear the cider or did you let it clear itself out? I made a batch with cloudy cider that didn't clear, now I have some store-bought apple juice going with the hopes to eventually pour a glass that looks much like yours!!

Old 01-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #22
Brulosopher
Recipes 

Jun 2011
Fresno, CA
Liked 357 Times on 261 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjbobbin82

Hey better safe than sorry! Looks delicious, nice job!!

If you don't mind me asking, did you use anything to clear the cider or did you let it clear itself out? I made a batch with cloudy cider that didn't clear, now I have some store-bought apple juice going with the hopes to eventually pour a glass that looks much like yours!!
Store bought juice + SafAle S-04 + 4 weeks in primary + 1 week on gas = what you see. Using cloudy or fresh pressed cider, you'd want to use a bit of pectic enzyme.

List of exBEERiments

How To Easily Harvest Clean Yeast from Starters

Make Good Lager in Less Time!

Marshall "Brulosopher" Schott