Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Leak in Gas In Line at Oetiker Clamp

Old 06-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
rifraf
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 196 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 61

Default Leak in Gas In Line at Oetiker Clamp

I tried using the googles but everything that popped up said that oetiker clamps don't leak

I had a leak-free set up when I went on a business trip for 5 days. Came back and got my beer into the keg and then when I grab the exact same hose w/ QD that has been sitting in the kegerator all week all of a sudden I have a significant leak at the QD barb-gas line connection.

Any tips or should I just go replace it completely?

You have to grow old, you don't have to grow up.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:41 PM   #2
carlisle_bob
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 28 Posts

Hi

If the clamp has worked it's way through the line or if the line has cracked - no fix short of replacing. Given that line is cheap, if it's old I'd replace it as the same time I replaced the clamp.

Bob