Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > campfire / deer lease / hunting season brew

Old 06-11-2012, 07:27 PM   #21
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1082 Times on 788 Posts
Likes Given: 3977

I'm thinking porter or American brown. Both are great fall beers, IMO and both work well as marinade or to braise dark meat. I use porter for my beer braised short ribs and for roasts and stews.
A wee heavy would be another great choice for the cool (ish, since you're in east tx) weather, and IMO few things go better with, or after a meat and potatoes stew.

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:20 PM   #22
ASassyBeerChick83
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Whoa!! Both sound so Delish!! Venison! Love me some Venison!! My hubby & I smoke a lot of things... But honestly, I do not think the man has marinated any of our meat in beer.. However, my daddy always soaked his steaks & chicken in a nice tasty (BLAH - Miller Light) liquid... But since the hubby and I drink lots and lots of different kinds of beers, I need to just try one out... Ha. I have some Dos Equis in the fridge... Could do a chicken in some Dos Equis out on the grill tonight! Humm....

Peace. Love. & Beer.