Cascades in Key West - Page 13 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Hops Growing > Cascades in Key West

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #121
Ddubduder
 
Ddubduder's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2012
Land O Lakes, FL
Posts: 232
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts


Great Lakes Hops is a great place to start. I just got three plants from them and all three were very healthy and happy. After four days in the ground on already seeing growth.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #122
KeyWestBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Key West, Florida
Posts: 6,077
Liked 722 Times on 563 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddubduder
Great Lakes Hops is a great place to start. I just got three plants from them and all three were very healthy and happy. After four days in the ground on already seeing growth.
Definitely use Great Lakes Hops. I've yet to hear of an unhappy customer.
__________________
EAC - 5/2/14

Growing Hops in Key West, FL....

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f92/casc...y-west-333466/

Primary : Gz Up, Gose Down
Primary : Key West Best Bitter
Primary : Soon To Be Filled
On Tap : Watermelon Berliner, Simcoe/Galaxy/Citra IPA, Weizenbock, Cypress aged Chocolate Stout, Oak Aged Chocolate Stout, Smoked Porter
On Deck : Jackfruit Hefeweizen, Pink Lemon Wit

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #123
mannye
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
mannye's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2011
Miami Beach, Florida
Posts: 79
Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts


Well heck. If you can do it in Key West, then Miami Beach should be no different! I like the idea of trying out a combination of Chinook and Cascades in my ale recipe.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:00 PM   #124
KeyWestBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Key West, Florida
Posts: 6,077
Liked 722 Times on 563 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by mannye
Well heck. If you can do it in Key West, then Miami Beach should be no different! I like the idea of trying out a combination of Chinook and Cascades in my ale recipe.
The guy I got my Cascade crown from lived in Miami. So you shouldn't have a problem pulling it off.
__________________
EAC - 5/2/14

Growing Hops in Key West, FL....

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f92/casc...y-west-333466/

Primary : Gz Up, Gose Down
Primary : Key West Best Bitter
Primary : Soon To Be Filled
On Tap : Watermelon Berliner, Simcoe/Galaxy/Citra IPA, Weizenbock, Cypress aged Chocolate Stout, Oak Aged Chocolate Stout, Smoked Porter
On Deck : Jackfruit Hefeweizen, Pink Lemon Wit

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:01 PM   #125
BlakeL
Recipes 
 
Apr 2012
Orlando, Florida
Posts: 320
Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts


I just planted the Columbus crown I ordered as well as the free Hallertau crown she threw in. I'll post some pictures later.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #126
Ddubduder
 
Ddubduder's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2012
Land O Lakes, FL
Posts: 232
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeL
I just planted the Columbus crown I ordered as well as the free Hallertau crown she threw in. I'll post some pictures later.
So now we have Hallerau and Columbus in Orlando, Cascade in Key West and Centennial, Willamette, Galena, Magnum and Fuggles growing around Tampa. Between all of us we should be able to figure out what grows in Florida. I'm sure I've missed some, we should try and compile a list of who is growing what to documents our experiences with different types.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #127
BrokenArmBrewing
Recipes 
 
Nov 2011
spring hill, florida
Posts: 263
Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddubduder View Post

So now we have Hallerau and Columbus in Orlando, Cascade in Key West and Centennial, Willamette, Galena, Magnum and Fuggles growing around Tampa. Between all of us we should be able to figure out what grows in Florida. I'm sure I've missed some, we should try and compile a list of who is growing what to documents our experiences with different types.
I like where this is going!
__________________
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants up to be happy"

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Br...06422039446902

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #128
KeyWestBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Key West, Florida
Posts: 6,077
Liked 722 Times on 563 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenArmBrewing

I like where this is going!
+1 I think its a great idea. This could be pretty useful info.
__________________
EAC - 5/2/14

Growing Hops in Key West, FL....

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f92/casc...y-west-333466/

Primary : Gz Up, Gose Down
Primary : Key West Best Bitter
Primary : Soon To Be Filled
On Tap : Watermelon Berliner, Simcoe/Galaxy/Citra IPA, Weizenbock, Cypress aged Chocolate Stout, Oak Aged Chocolate Stout, Smoked Porter
On Deck : Jackfruit Hefeweizen, Pink Lemon Wit

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #129
aiptasia
 
aiptasia's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2011
Them Scary Woods, FL
Posts: 3,490
Liked 542 Times on 479 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddubduder View Post
So now we have Hallerau and Columbus in Orlando, Cascade in Key West and Centennial, Willamette, Galena, Magnum and Fuggles growing around Tampa. Between all of us we should be able to figure out what grows in Florida. I'm sure I've missed some, we should try and compile a list of who is growing what to documents our experiences with different types.
+2

I have Chinook coming from Great Lakes this week, and a buddy of mine in our LHBC has already had three seasons of Cascades under his belt. I'm going to risk a late frost up here in Jax and plant them as soon as they arrive.
__________________
Paranormal Brewing
Beer so good, it's frightening.

2014: Seven Heavens Series One: Vilon, Mystic Melomel, Skeeter Pee.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:21 PM   #130
KeyWestBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Key West, Florida
Posts: 6,077
Liked 722 Times on 563 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by aiptasia

+2

I have Chinook coming from Great Lakes this week, and a buddy of mine in our LHBC has already had three seasons of Cascades under his belt. I'm going to risk a late frost up here in Jax and plant them as soon as they arrive.
You'll probably be fine, but at the same time you don't necessarily have to risk it. This past season I didn't get planted until the start of March. The seasons long enough and they grow fast enough you don't have to worry about rushing it into the ground. Keep us posted.
__________________
EAC - 5/2/14

Growing Hops in Key West, FL....

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f92/casc...y-west-333466/

Primary : Gz Up, Gose Down
Primary : Key West Best Bitter
Primary : Soon To Be Filled
On Tap : Watermelon Berliner, Simcoe/Galaxy/Citra IPA, Weizenbock, Cypress aged Chocolate Stout, Oak Aged Chocolate Stout, Smoked Porter
On Deck : Jackfruit Hefeweizen, Pink Lemon Wit

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guys Cigar club

 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video of Cascades Hopfarmer Hops Growing 6 08-17-2011 05:30 PM
4th Year Cascades Hopfarmer Hops Growing 9 08-10-2011 04:03 PM
Cascades Paulasaurus Hops Growing 9 01-13-2011 05:58 PM
Cascades slow to come up? Selfsufficient Hops Growing 16 05-15-2009 07:53 PM
My cascades! Yooper Hops Growing 18 11-10-2008 11:30 PM


Forum Jump