Pitched a Brewer's Best IPA kit around 11PM Friday, been battling with it all day today
Luckily it waited for me to wake up and check on it. The three piece airlock was full of krausen and lid of the bucket was bulging. Popped the lid and quickly mixed some more iodophor and cleaned and sanitized.
...Then it did it again about an hour later...
...and again, after another hour, cracking the seal around the lid...
My siphon hose was too small to fit over the center of the three piece airlock; So i had to get creative with a one piece bubbler style airlock and a growler
I've only got a half dozen batches under my belt, but it's the first time this ever happened. For the curious, OG was a tad less than I expected at 1.060. Five gallons in the bucket exactly, pitched the Nottingham yeast without a starter at 63 degrees...
Thinking about the nicer wine buckets with rubber seal now.
(Since i took the photo it's blown a considerable amount of krausen out... The rigged contraption is holding for now...)