Transformers - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Transformers

Old 07-05-2007, 10:38 PM   #11
Evan!

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Liked 87 Times on 72 Posts

Entirely off-topic, but...is there anyone else who, when people applaud at the end of a movie, want to jump up and scream at the top of your lungs, "It's a movie, you damn idiots, not a broadway show! The people who made it CAN'T F*CKING HEAR YOU! They're in Hollywood right now spending the $12 you spent to see this movie. Do you clap at the TV at home? No? Then SHUT UP!"

Sorry. It just makes me angry. And it's gotten worse in the past 5-10 years, it seems. Live Free or Die Hard was a pretty good movie, but holy sh*t, people leapt out of their seats and burst into applause like someone had just cured cancer. Dumbasses.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 07-05-2007, 11:39 PM   #12
Rook
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Bothell, WA
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Evan, geeze dude, lighten up! Do you clap or cheer when you're watching sports on TV?

I'll clap at home when something awesome happens in Battlestar Galactica or back when I was watching Firefly. (but only when other people are there)

I'll clap when I'm watching Formula 1 and a driver I like puts a great pass on someone else.

Its good times, let em enjoy it. If you don't like the reaction of crowds, wait for DVD Rentals.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:42 PM   #13
olllllo
[]-O-[]

Recipes 

Apr 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Liked 140 Times on 114 Posts

http://pbskids.org/barney/children/music/happyand.html
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 07-06-2007, 12:14 AM   #14
RichBrewer

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Denver, Colorado
Liked 166 Times on 87 Posts

I haven't seen it yet but my 16yo son saw it and can't stop raving about how it is the best movie he's ever seen.
Guess I better go see it.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:35 AM   #15
the_Roqk

Recipes 

Feb 2007
Central Florida
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I saw it yesterday with my two heartbreakers (son, soon to be 13 and daughter almost 10). It was a very enjoyable movie. I do remember watching the cartoon series years ago. I was impressed with the CG graphics and thought that it all blended very well. Okay, enough with the babble.

I thought the movied kicked A$$! I especially enjoyed watching the love interest. I thought she had that Jennifer Connelly look about her. She made me sit up and notice. I will be looking for here in the future and maybe by then she'll have filled out more. Seems as though there will be a sequel coming, usually does.

And....... everyone clapped at the end too. Which I did think was pretty lame. Yes I thought what a bunch of dumba$$ ignorant Bastions. But to each his own. He!!, I talk to the TV at home sometime (during football season). All in all It was worth the money.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:09 PM   #16
98EXL

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Maryland
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rook
Evan, geeze dude, lighten up! Do you clap or cheer when you're watching sports on TV?

I'll clap at home when something awesome happens in Battlestar Galactica or back when I was watching Firefly. (but only when other people are there)

I'll clap when I'm watching Formula 1 and a driver I like puts a great pass on someone else.

Its good times, let em enjoy it. If you don't like the reaction of crowds, wait for DVD Rentals.
OT - Why do we have to wait till January for BS?

Old 07-06-2007, 02:02 PM   #17
Biermann
Reinvented Biermann

Recipes 

Mar 2006
East Peoria, IL
Liked 32 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobrewtus
You guys are showing your age a bit. OH CRAP! I guess I am too

I haven't gone to see it yet, but it's on my list of things to do this weekend. I even went and dug out all my 1st generation transformers that I had when I was a kid. It didn't seem like I had 80 of the things when I was 10, but man my mom must have really loved me to keep buying those suckers. If I remember correcty they were like $10 a piece even back in the early/mid eighties.
Yeah, I was totally a poor kid. . I had one transformer, and the rest were the cheaper, more prevalent, less cool "Go-Bots."

I hated kids like you when I was a kid!!

Holding tanks:Sold
Conical #1:Sold
Bottles: Nichts
On Deck:

Old 07-06-2007, 02:33 PM   #18
rdwj

Recipes 

Jun 2006
Plainfield, IL
Liked 35 Times on 25 Posts

For those who have seen this movie, I need an opinion. I took my 4 yr old to see Fantastic 4 and she asks me to take her to see transformers every time the commercial comes on. I see that it's PG 13 where Fantastic 4 was PG.

Is it cool for a 4 yr old? A little bad language doesn't really bother me, but I'd rather avoid non-comicbook violence and sex if I can.

Old 07-06-2007, 03:10 PM   #19
c.n.budz

Recipes 

Feb 2007
Pistol Wavin' New Haven, for now...
Liked 41 Times on 28 Posts

Probably a little too violent for a 4yr old.... I saw it yesterday and it totally rocked!! I'll probably go see it again this weekend, one of my friends wants to go and his wife is refusing to go w/ him... I thought it was cool how they had the Optimus Prime voice from the cartoon.

Always do sober what you do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway

Old 07-06-2007, 03:53 PM   #20
Foreigner
Recipes 

Jun 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan!
Entirely off-topic, but...is there anyone else who, when people applaud at the end of a movie, want to jump up and scream at the top of your lungs, "It's a movie, you damn idiots, not a broadway show! The people who made it CAN'T F*CKING HEAR YOU! They're in Hollywood right now spending the $12 you spent to see this movie. Do you clap at the TV at home? No? Then SHUT UP!"

Sorry. It just makes me angry. And it's gotten worse in the past 5-10 years, it seems. Live Free or Die Hard was a pretty good movie, but holy sh*t, people leapt out of their seats and burst into applause like someone had just cured cancer. Dumbasses.
I hate when people clap after their plane lands. What's next? Clapping when the bus comes to a complete stop?

Die hard was good. I enjoyed it. I have yet to see transformers

Primaries: Ed's Haus + Munich, Ed's Haus + medium crystal

Secondaries: suck :)

Bottles: Chili Stout, Dry Irish Stout, Bitter Ass IPA, Headstrong Munich Lager clone, Lawnmower ale with chocolate and munich malt

Bulk Aging: Wildberry Sweet Mead - Orange Vanilla Dry Mead

Up Next: Orfy's Old Speckled Hen and an IPA of some kind